Home

Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-23-08)

This is a discussion on Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-23-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #9
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-23-08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Yeah, I was the subject of custody hearings. I never really went inside the courtroom, the judge put me in his quarters for me to discuss what I wanted with him.

I ended up being talked out of what I really wanted and I was miserable until I turned 18 and finally got to decide for my own.
Man, that's terrible. Was the judge favoring a certain side? How exactly did you get talked out of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
QOTD: Yes, for a DWI..
Until it happens to you, people never realize that it can happen to anyone. Even if you aren't the stereotypical drunk driver. Did it stand up in court or did it at least get brought down to a DWAI Traffic Violation? Most important thing is you learned from your mistake and it will make you a better person, driver, and drinker.

QOTD: I have been to court twice. One of the times I was charged with providing alcohol to minors in my home even though I never did and the party wasn't mine. It was my roommates. Even after telling the officer this, he still arrested me and I dealt with the legal fees and court dates. Thankfully, the judge and my lawyer were good friends and they lowered it to some misconduct charge. I forget the actual term. But, it was basically for causing too much noise late at night, which is the actual reason the officer even knocked on my door.

It was just a lot of bs because my roommate was right there. The officer just looked at him, then looked at me, and said, "Let's go. I'm taking you to the precinct." Interestingly enough, my white lawyer was the one that pulled the race card and suggested that I'm the one going through it because I'm the latin kid in a white neighborhood. Such bs.

But hey, I'm all about the 365 free games link, Steve. Bookmarked!
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

Last edited by CMH; 07-23-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Man, that's terrible. Was the judge favoring a certain side? How exactly did you get talked out of it?

Until it happens to you, people never realize that it can happen to anyone. Even if you aren't the stereotypical drunk driver. Did it stand up in court or did it at least get brought down to a DWAI Traffic Violation? Most important thing is you learned from your mistake and it will make you a better person, driver, and drinker.

QOTD: I have been to court twice. One of the times I was charged with providing alcohol to minors in my home even though I never did and the party wasn't mine. It was my roommates. Even after telling the officer this, he still arrested me and I dealt with the legal fees and court dates. Thankfully, the judge and my lawyer were good friends and they lowered it to some misconduct charge. I forget the actual term. But, it was basically for causing too much noise late at night, which is the actual reason the officer even knocked on my door.

It was just a lot of bs because my roommate was right there. The officer just looked at him, then looked at me, and said, "Let's go. I'm taking you to the precinct." Interestingly enough, my white lawyer was the one that pulled the race card and suggested that I'm the one going through it because I'm the latin kid in a white neighborhood. Such bs.

But hey, I'm all about the 365 free games link, Steve. Bookmarked!
It got brought down, $1300 fine and 1 year probation...
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I don't remember it now, it was a while ago. But I'm almost positive he felt like a boy should have a dad, and he articulated it in a way where I was able to forget how bad he was/is to me, and remembered the times we had fun (playing golf).

Once I left the judge's quarters, I was so upset because I didn't get what I wanted. But I was weaker then, and partly due to the whole bunch of bull**** with my father, I'm a better man for it and hopefully I'll kick his *** with how good of a father I will be to my sons, cause he certainly wasn't a good one to me.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Wow, expensive night. But it could have been worse.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #13
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I don't remember it now, it was a while ago. But I'm almost positive he felt like a boy should have a dad, and he articulated it in a way where I was able to forget how bad he was/is to me, and remembered the times we had fun (playing golf).

Once I left the judge's quarters, I was so upset because I didn't get what I wanted. But I was weaker then, and partly due to the whole bunch of bull**** with my father, I'm a better man for it and hopefully I'll kick his *** with how good of a father I will be to my sons, cause he certainly wasn't a good one to me.
Finding the positive in a negative will always make handling life's problems so much easier.

Your struggle as a child will help make your children's live's better. There is nothing more positive you can take out of your experience. Great mentality.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Finding the positive in a negative will always make handling life's problems so much easier.

Your struggle as a child will help make your children's live's better. There is nothing more positive you can take out of your experience. Great mentality.
It's also helped that I've had a trifecta of strong women helping me out through part or all of the ordeal.

I always had my mother, who is doing what she loves and made everything work out, yet still was the best mom I could have ever had.

Then, I met my best friend in 6th grade when I went through some bad times both with my father and with women (I know, women, right?). She's been there for me ever since.

And of course, in my Junior year of HS, I met my GF of now over 3 years. She's made me much more confident than I once was and I'm very happy to have her. I plan on proposing to her once she's finished with her first year of college (which is coming up). She's only one year younger but was held back due to a learning disability.

I really have those three to thank for not only making my life from utterly negative to mostly positive, but for also being here today. If I hadn't had them, I don't know what I would have done in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #15
MVP

joshuar9476's Arena

OVR: 19

qotd: twice, i was rear ended by another car and she fought it and i was called in to testify. the second time i was pulled over for doing in 57 in a 35.

Fan of:
Indiana Hoosiers
Cincinnati Reds
Joey Logano
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »