Home

Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-24-08)

This is a discussion on Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-24-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-24-08)

Like the links? Kick off some conversations about them!Yesterday's court date, was rather strange. I get there 30 minutes early, the girl gets there about 15 minutes later. The officer points her out to me. She is dressed in a Tshirt and shorts. Officer asks her where her attorney is, she says, "I don't have one." He then asks why not, did you read the paperwork? She says, yes. Officer looks at the first sentence of the sheet, it states. You must have an attorney. So... She gets reamed at by some clerk, I just sit and enjoy it all, but it is obvious she doesn't care. Anyways, another court date is scheduled, and I'm told I don't have to be there. So we'll see what happens. She was about 5 foot tall and skinny. I've never smacked a girl before, but I so wanted to body slam her, lol.

So, last night in the crazy t-storms we had, I went and purchased a coffee table for our living room area. It must have 80 bajillions screws and thingamabobs. I was going to finish it off last night, but after looking, I didn't even start it.

Don't forget about our EA Sports Fantasy Football Developer chat today, at 4:00 EST.

What's up with you?
  • Q'sOTD: Do you want Favre back in the NFL? Who would you like to see him play for?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

aucool, BroncoFan24, BrianFifaFan (42), Birdsonbat (25), psufan (21)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
That sucks you couldnt get it finished yesterday (both the coffee table and the court stuff). Did she see you? Any reaction to you?

QOTD: Im a HUGE Favre fan. Half of me wants him to stay retired, half of me wants him to come back. ALot of rumors about him coming to Tampa (which is fine by me). Id love a chance to finally see him in person (i have season tickets).

Links: The Olympic stories were good, that Derrick Redmond one was pretty emotional.

Edit: The top 7 RPG's on SNES. Earthbound was an awesome game, i loved that game, wish it was still around.

Last edited by callmetaternuts; 07-24-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-24-08)

That GH4 setlist looks solid (especially with some Tool on it), but I'm sticking with Rock Band 2.

Saw Dark Knight last night. Pretty intense. It lived up to the hype.

QOTD: No, I'm tired of Favre. You said you were retired, so stay retired. It's amazing the love he gets from the media when guys like T.O. and Ocho Cinco get bashed for the same antics.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

QOTD: I'm sick and tired of Favre. If you're gonna retire, retire.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
That sucks you couldnt get it finished yesterday (both the coffee table and the court stuff). Did she see you? Any reaction to you?

QOTD: Im a HUGE Favre fan. Half of me wants him to stay retired, half of me wants him to come back. ALot of rumors about him coming to Tampa (which is fine by me). Id love a chance to finally see him in person (i have season tickets).

Links: The Olympic stories were good, that Derrick Redmond one was pretty emotional.

Edit: The top 7 RPG's on SNES. Earthbound was an awesome game, i loved that game, wish it was still around.
Yea, she saw me. Only a quick glance tho, no emotion. That is when I wanted to pick her up and slam her to the wall. Prolly not a good idea w/ so many witnesses, heh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Link... Wow! The dude from Gladiator (didn't know he died) was trying to out-drink some other people. No surprise about Ledger though

QOTD - If he wants to come back, he should be a backup with GB -- I am tired of this "do I retire, don't I?" routine
Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Why am I not surprised you're going to have another court date? At least they cut you a break and you don't have to go. For now.

Checked out that Guitar Hero setlist and it's pretty sick. That's a good list of songs. They added some more modern tracks that are pretty sweet (Rise Against! WOO!) and kept a lot of oldies. I wish sometime they would just release all modern tracks though.

QOTD: I really don't care. Now that he's created all this crap about un-retiring, he might as well come back for someone. I hope he fails and Rodgers kicks ***, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

QOTD: I'm tired of Favre, just retire for good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »