Home

Madden 09 Official Trailer #1

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Official Trailer #1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:53 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 09 Official Trailer #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH. That video looks really good...but do you guys want to know what drives me crazy about 09 more than anything? The fact that our running backs always face exactly in the direction that they are running:

Here's the video capture:

IRL, a player will nearly always keep his torso / shoulders / head squared up towards the endzone (or maybe the closest threat). Example:

Does this bother you as much as it bothers me? This might be part of what makes you guys often refer to our running as "stiff" as well.

As a designer I am often scared that I might be getting hung up on small stuff sometimes...am I warranted in trying to push this through?

(p.s. I bet marketing is going to hate me for posting this... )
Oh wow I hadn't noticed that. Well you saved me $60. I'm also going to tell all my friends about this horrible product, kiss your raise goodbye.

jk, I kid! Looking fantastic.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:57 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

That would be a great addition Ian!!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:21 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 13

excellent eye Ian. Also, one thing that irked me watching an adrian peterson vid ....

the RBs have different running strides which is great ... however, even when running in traffic he is in full stride as if he's running down the sideline for a TD. when runners anticipate defenders they change their running pattern...

they may stutter step to avoid a big hit, or crouch and tighten up to avoid a shot, or they take smaller steps to be able to pull off a juke or spin. the running animations should be situational, not blanket.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:45 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I have and yes it would be cool if you guys can fix that. I am sure it will be hard, but it would make it look pretty real.
It can't be that hard, everyone else on the field is doing it.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #21
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree that it would be a great addition and would help make RBs move a lot more life like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
It can't be that hard, everyone else on the field is doing it.
That's what bugs me the most about it - the defender right in front of him is doing it...but the RB isn't!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #23
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Yeah I noticed that about RB's, the things is as a former RB myself you are always taught to keep your shoulder pads square to the line to ensure you are at your least vulnerable at all times. It's one of the fundamentals of RB play like carrying the ball in your outside hand.

Sort of another art related small detail. Will we ever see the baseball infield back in dynasty for the first few weeks of the season. I loved that attention to detail on last gen.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-25-2008 at 08:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »