Home

Live Blog: MLB Power Pros Conference Call

This is a discussion on Live Blog: MLB Power Pros Conference Call within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Live Blog: MLB Power Pros Conference Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
reading that over just felt like a waste of time, this is stuff we already knew except the 10 year career thing which is very dumb
Yea the call was kind of a bummer from a guided point of view. There probably should have been more time at the end of the call to ask questions, and also since you send in questions ahead of time they don't have to answer certain ones and all that. PR will be PR though. Also I've sent in the unanswered questions, so hopefully they respond.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Sounds like DS owners are gonna be disappointed.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

yeah whatever happened to the 12 or so questions we asked earlier in this section from the steve OS thread? if my knowledge tells me anything alot questions werent asked because the answers would be disapointing- its a marketing thing... boo owell though just a few more days and yeah sounds like the DS folks are getting the blank end of the stick... DS is overrated anyways IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
yeah whatever happened to the 12 or so questions we asked earlier in this section from the steve OS thread? if my knowledge tells me anything alot questions werent asked because the answers would be disapointing- its a marketing thing... boo owell though just a few more days and yeah sounds like the DS folks are getting the blank end of the stick... DS is overrated anyways IMO
Steve sent them in, but you'd need to ask him to find out what happened since I'm out of the loop on that one.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I want to buy this again. I had a lot of fun with it the last time but as much as it kills me the lack of being able to edit rosters like you can with other games makes it tough. Or did someone come up with a solution outside of editing other guys and turning them into the guys you want. Wouldnt you run out of players after a minute or two?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I want to buy this again. I had a lot of fun with it the last time but as much as it kills me the lack of being able to edit rosters like you can with other games makes it tough. Or did someone come up with a solution outside of editing other guys and turning them into the guys you want. Wouldnt you run out of players after a minute or two?
Yeah this was HUGE for me. I posted the question in this thread if you could edit rosters in arrange mode WITHOUT HAVING TO UNLOCK IT, so you can use the teams in season, I even put the UNLOCK parts in caps...lol....the question was asked it looks like, but they didn't ask or they just didn't say if you needed to UNLOCK it or not, which is Huge and the big problem last year.

They didn't provide any info to state you would or wouldn't, so I'm going to have to wait and see on this one. I spent SO MUCH TIME getting all those points just to unlock the feature of using ARRANGE TEAMS in season mode, but by time I got enough of the ludicrous amount of points needed I was so mad at the game I didn't want to mess with it anymore.

Last edited by falcons2003; 07-25-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:48 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
...ANd still no difinitive answer to the questions about walks. Guess we'll just have to see when we buy the game.
Are you surprised? Most gamers don't find walks to be that serious an issue. They'd rather hit 50-60 homeruns and be able to change player intro songs and glove colors, then to .... heaven forbid ...... be walked. I don't look for the walks issue to be addressed at all in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 02:50 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
And this begs the question: who is OS really representing here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »