Home

Madden 09 Demo Videos (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Demo Videos (Pasta Padre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 09 Demo Videos (Pasta Padre)

This looks exactly like 08 with better graphics to me

I dont know how anyone could say this game looks amazing.

The DB's don't turn around and it seems like the presentation is the same with a worse play calling screen than Madden 06 (features less plays visible at one time), doesn't have a button assigned to a play (like NCAA 09), cut scenes look poorly done with no life in the players faces at all, DB's can see behind them all the way across field, no QB pocket, Eli moves way too fast.

This game needs serious help
Old 07-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
The game looks outstanding, but that DB flailing animation, not looking at the ball, followed by the "no you don't" hand shake is going to get really old, really fast. I'll take back the not looking at the ball, stick one hand up and knock the ball down with the back of the hand DB any day.

That Asante Samuel one handed INT was just ridiculous, and not in a good way.
Agreed. For as good as the game looks when it's standing still, the animations and the head-scratching way the game plays really takes away from it. DL getting shoved to the ground seemingly with no consideration of momentum or weight. Offensive linemen immediately diving down to try to take down a defensive lineman - on a pass play lol. Tiburon seems to base their efforts around what they think looks cool. Don't know of any other excuse; you just don't see things like this in a real game

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13

The DB's don't turn around and it seems like the presentation is the same with a worse play calling screen than Madden 06 (features less plays visible at one time), doesn't have a button assigned to a play (like NCAA 09), cut scenes look poorly done with no life in the players faces at all, DB's can see behind them all the way across field, no QB pocket, Eli moves way too fast.

Now remember this build is from April.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Man, in the rush defense drill, that computer RB got some moves!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

lol...you do realize that this is a build earlier than was even played at the community day (which was also improved based on feedback, as I recall)? We were forewarned that the demo is extremely stripped down presentation wise. As for the other complaints, I really couldn't tell one way or another without playing the game (except for the visual lack of a pocket, as you mentioned). I don't see how people can say it looks amazing either, but I also don't understand the constant stream of negativety about an early build of a game that has gotten fairly positive reviews by most who have actually played it. Time will tell, I suppose.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:

I agree
I will not take a Madden game seriously until I see a DB tracking the football like in real life...Are these players super saiyans or something? Tell me what DB in real life makes a amazing defensive play on the ball without turning to peek at the ball not even once?

I also notice that the DB's have mr. fantastic arms when they're running...
It's also inexplicable that we're in 09 and there's absolutely NO QB pocket....!!!
How long do we have to wait to see one? Madden 2045>>>?
Eli does move too fast . He's Michael Vick now?? *shakes head*
Old 07-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Agreed. For as good as the game looks when it's standing still, the animations and the head-scratching way the game plays really takes away from it. DL getting shoved to the ground seemingly with no consideration of momentum or weight. Offensive linemen immediately diving down to try to take down a defensive lineman - on a pass play lol. Tiburon seems to base their efforts around what they think looks cool. Don't know of any other excuse; you just don't see things like this in a real game
Exactly. Whats up with the in complete pass where the ball seems to pass over the heads of both the DB and receiver, then the DB all of a sudden does a 360 and bats the ball down with two hands. Looks cool doesn't it? Uh...no. It's a useless animation that was probably added to add "excitement" to the game. I've seen that one a couple of times, and thats a couple times too many.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
Exactly. Whats up with the in complete pass where the ball seems to pass over the heads of both the DB and receiver, then the DB all of a sudden does a 360 and bats the ball down with two hands. Looks cool doesn't it? Uh...no. It's a useless animation that was probably added to add "excitement" to the game. I've seen that one a couple of times, and thats a couple times too many.
Did you see that one handed interception by Asante Samuel? I cringed when I saw that.... I also cringed when I saw that he was able to land standing up and not lose one bit of energy running to the other endzone...
The way he was running was weird too ...like if he had a stick up his fanny...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »