Home

FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
I gave it a play through today as well and I'm a little disappointed in it as well. I don't like judging games by their demos, but I can promise you the demo has not convinced me to definitely buy this game which is really the only thing a demo's purpose would be. I'm skeptical of the games' final quality right now, but I'm not going to pass judgment just yet...demo is average at best though.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
the fact that i can pummel kim Kardashian makes this game the game of the year so far. i hate that hcick with a passion and this game allows me to just BREAK HER FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant game. 10
I love K.K.!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played about 6 or 7 rounds. Really fun gameplay. Fast, simple, but fun. Also, made my own guy using photos I uploaded at EAsportsworld. Actually came out looking pretty damn close.

All in all looks like a cool game if you have a lot of friends over (or maybe in the dorms).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #12
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Played for a bit, I got my butt handed to me, I had no idea how to play.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
yeah, after playing it... it has cool art, and everything, but the gameplay just sucks. It's way more simple than ready2rumble ever was, and i'd rather play that even today years later. Let down big time. I downloaded the SFIV trailer also which was awesome FYI
R2R's gameplay was atrocious and non existent, so I totally disagree with you there. The jury's still out for me. Do you understand the rock, paper, scissor concept of this game?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

One thing for sure as far as the gameplay goes, I will be able to make my decision based on the DEMO.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #15
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
R2R's gameplay was atrocious and non existent, so I totally disagree with you there. The jury's still out for me. Do you understand the rock, paper, scissor concept of this game?
wtf..you could sway naturally whenever you wanted in r2r and throw hooks and straights from whatever hand you wanted, as well as special moves. r2r had MORE gameplay to it. this facebreaker game is REDICULOUS how simple it is, and it is a MESS. Another thing r2r did better was damage on the faces which is sad since this is the selling point for facebreaker.

I'm only talking about r2r for dreamcast the one I owned. That was a fun game. This game is not in the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
wtf..you could sway naturally whenever you wanted in r2r and throw hooks and straights from whatever hand you wanted, as well as special moves. r2r had MORE gameplay to it. this facebreaker game is REDICULOUS how simple it is, and it is a MESS. Another thing r2r did better was damage on the faces which is sad since this is the selling point for facebreaker.

I'm only talking about r2r for dreamcast the one I owned. That was a fun game. This game is not in the least.
I had R2R for the Dreamcast and it was NOT a fun game (IMO). I'll ask you again, "do you understand the paper, rock & scissor concept of the game?"
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »