Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

Pasta Padre has posted more patch details for NCAA Football 09.

Quote:
"The complete list of what is being fixed in the second patch is now available thanks to producer Adam Thompson. This patch is expected to be submitted to MS/Sony today which means it could potentially arrive before September if things go smoothly."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

Did this sentence make anyone else nervous-
"The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week."

Maybe out as early as next week? Lord
Old 08-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

well, if you've paid any attention to how the patch process works, it's in ms and sony's hands now, so they cannot give a definitive date. so yes, it may be out as early as next week, but sony/ms could delay it for whatever reason.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Did this sentence make anyone else nervous-
"The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week."

Maybe out as early as next week? Lord
You do realize "next week" is tomorrow...depending where you live.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9
I ain't rolling the dice and downloading any buggy rosters off the net, I am ready to edit them myself like I do every year. I got 28 teams saved on 2 USB drives, and I can't get anymore due to the PS3 freezing or resetting anytime I try to add any more players. I got a question: All my profiles and rosters are saved on my USB drives. I copy them on to the PS3 hard drive to play 2 player games with the teams I have named and the user profiles. After we are done playing, I save the user profiles, copy the user profiles back onto the USB to update the records, and then erase the rosaters and profiles from my PS3 hard drive. Now, when the roster patch update does come out, I will be updating the patch onto the game with no edited rosters or profiles on the hard drive when the process is being performed. Now once the roster patch is downloaded to the game with no roster files on the hard drive when the patch was applied, can I then copy my saved rosters off the USB to the PS3 hard drive with no bugs? In other words, can I now edit the rest of my rosters with no freezes or resets or will I have to start all over again? Thank you anybody for taking my question
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

One of the problems with people rolling out alll day long is that the QB contain routes are busted. In NCAA 08 if I called a DE Contain i.e. as soon as the QB left the pocket the DE’s would attack him like “a bat out of hell” this kept people from rolling all over the field like they can in 09.
In NCAA 09 You can call DE contain or hot route a DE to a contain route and he will pretty much just stand and watch as the QB takes off. This was terribly dissappointing to me and also a huge reason why NCAA 09 is a “cheesers” dream. They can roll out and drop as deep as they want without consequence. I’m a little discouraged that the pass rush/qb contain wasn’t mentioned.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
I ain't rolling the dice and downloading any buggy rosters off the net, I am ready to edit them myself like I do every year. I got 28 teams saved on 2 USB drives, and I can't get anymore due to the PS3 freezing or resetting anytime I try to add any more players. I got a question: All my profiles and rosters are saved on my USB drives. I copy them on to the PS3 hard drive to play 2 player games with the teams I have named and the user profiles. After we are done playing, I save the user profiles, copy the user profiles back onto the USB to update the records, and then erase the rosaters and profiles from my PS3 hard drive. Now, when the roster patch update does come out, I will be updating the patch onto the game with no edited rosters or profiles on the hard drive when the process is being performed. Now once the roster patch is downloaded to the game with no roster files on the hard drive when the patch was applied, can I then copy my saved rosters off the USB to the PS3 hard drive with no bugs? In other words, can I now edit the rest of my rosters with no freezes or resets or will I have to start all over again? Thank you anybody for taking my question
No, the patch will read the database of the roster when you load then regardless of where they are saved. You saving this stuff on a different drive is irrevelent. As to whether you'll have to start over- no one would know until the patch is out and the patch does that first database check for corruptions. We could have everyones fail or just a few. We don't know.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
You do realize "next week" is tomorrow...depending where you live.
Patches tend to be released on Tuesday thru Thursday for MS at least. And maybe next week- is different than next week. I am not complaining about it. Just concerns me as a roster editor than it could be well over another week before i could edit in peace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »