Home

MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

This is a discussion on MLB Power Pros 2008 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

We have posted our review of MLB Power Pros 2008.

Quote:
"This IS your father’s baseball game -- do not be mistaken by the bobble-head characters, which for the record have more personality than any realistic looking character model I’ve seen in a game. After loading up the game and playing through it many times, I've realized once again that this game is still a fantastic baseball simulation."

Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Kinda makes me want to get a wii.

I miss baseball games....
Old 08-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
It's available on PS2 as well.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29
a 9 is very generous this game is exactly the same as last year with the exception of MLB Life mode, as for Wii, its pretty pathetic that you STILL cant use the Wii mote during season/franchise/MLB Life
this game doesnt disapoint if youre a newcomer, but if u had the game last year dont expect much of an improvement. MLB Life however is great, and was the main reason i picked it up still though, lots of room for new and exciting ways to make the wii version much better. upgrade the graphics at least a little and get the wii mote in all modes not just exhibition/HR Derby then and only then would this be a 9 out of 10
i'd go with an 8 at most... good but not great
Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 11
y no 360/ps3 version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
y no 360/ps3 version?
Because konami doesn't make a japanese version of power pros for 360 or ps3. The US version is just translated to english and published here in the US by 2k.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
a 9 is very generous this game is exactly the same as last year with the exception of MLB Life mode, as for Wii, its pretty pathetic that you STILL cant use the Wii mote during season/franchise/MLB Life
this game doesnt disapoint if youre a newcomer, but if u had the game last year dont expect much of an improvement. MLB Life however is great, and was the main reason i picked it up still though, lots of room for new and exciting ways to make the wii version much better. upgrade the graphics at least a little and get the wii mote in all modes not just exhibition/HR Derby then and only then would this be a 9 out of 10
i'd go with an 8 at most... good but not great
The gameplay WAS tweaked though and there ARE new modes. I don't see why any game should be punished because the previous edition was pure ecstasy, especially when it is a step forward.

Do I think it's worth $40? Absolutely. Would I think it's worth $60? Moreso than most games I've bought in recent years. Do I think it's worth the cost of upgrading if you already own last year's? Well I guess that depends on how much you like the game. To me this is one of the best games I've ever played but your mileage may vary.

As for the Wii remote, I think it's a dumb gimmick and the longer it stays away from this game the better of it is. Cursor based batting is the pinnacle of baseball goodness in my eyes (but that is of course just an opinion). Give my history it makes sense I'd love this one... WSB '95, ASB 99-01, and WSB 2k3 and 2k4.

I'm not here to convince anyone that they should buy or play this game. If you don't like it, you don't like it. But this is a bright spot in the middle of a generation of infuriatingly ugly sports titles.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 34
This is the best sports game ive played on the new consoles. I own a wii and a 360.

It isnt even close. Best baseball game Ive played since the hey-day of high heat baseball and MVP

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »