Home

2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATION®

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATION® within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Exclamation 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATION®

Gamers receive an early opportunity to get
hands-on with the highly anticipated hockey title

August 14, 2008 – While dedicated hockey fans eagerly anticipate the first puck to drop for the start of this year’s NHL season, 2K Sports today announced that a free demo of NHL 2K9 is now available for download through the PLAYSTATION Network. The demo will provide fans an early chance to experience the new simplified controls and relive the excitement of this past season’s thrilling Stanley Cup™ Final for a brief three minute period as either the Pittsburgh Penguins or Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. The same demo is also scheduled to be available next week through Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

NHL 2K9, developed by Visual Concepts, brings the fun back to hockey video games with all-new features including user-friendly controls, an exciting Zamboni® mini-game, playoff beards, a revamped fighting engine and much more exciting action than ever before. Complete with fresh new in-game commentary, improved franchise mode, and upgraded online features, NHL 2K9 is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older by the ESRB, and will be available on September 9 for Xbox 360, Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

For more information about NHL 2K9, please visit
http://www.2ksports.com/games/nhl2k9.

Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: NHL 2K9 DEMO IS UP ON PSN!

turning on the ps3
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
turning on the ps3
Dying for some impressions!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe
Dying for some impressions!
To tell ya the truth. I dont know what the hell i am doing. I am not a hockey fan, but ever since i became a 2k mod. I try all their games. I dont even know what to look for. I need to learn the rules. There is like 0 hockey of any kind in Central California where i live.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATI

i played for about 1/2 hour.
you cant change settings or anything, so I cant really tell if i like it or not.
-i do like the checking animations, but there are still way too many bodies sprawling all over the ice.
-didnt get into a fight yet
-no commentary
-no penalties( i dont think at least)
- no net physics
-the board physics are awful
-i like how you can use the controls as they are in NHL 08
-intro was nice
-game was way too easy (like i said, I need sliders)
-framerate seems to stutter sometimes when your player connects on a check(checking animation)
-game speed was way too fast

after my 1/2, I would say I would not buy this game. I am going to wait for impressions from you guys on the full version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Banned

Re: 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATI

Demos dont contain commentary usually as its just makes for a longer download.

As for penalties i did have an offsides called. I don't know the rules. I just went all blades of steel crazy. lol
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #7
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

+ Really enjoyed the new intros. Red Wing highlights were shown on the ice before the players came out
+ Ice will spray up sometimes
- Framerate problems
- Way too many hits
- Game was too fast

Overall it felt more like an arcade style than a sim. The demo didn't have any sliders or pbp. I also didn't see any stat overlays or penalties.

It's hard to judge a game on a basic demo, but I wasn't really impressed.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

It was difficult to judge the gameplay, most notably the cpu AI due o the apparent lower difficulty level. Overall there are some nice gameplay mechanics in place, the game plays smoothly, but there are too many hits and it's too easy to hit. The puck physics are excellent, much better than EA's game, and I want to say passing feels a little more realistic as well. Visually the game is significantly lacking, I'm not sure if it's the demo version or not, but in some respects the game looks worse than previous versions on last gen. Overall the game might be worth a rental.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »