Home

EA Buys Euphoria? (Gameplayer)

This is a discussion on EA Buys Euphoria? (Gameplayer) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3
EA Buys Euphoria? (Gameplayer)

Gameplayer has some interesting news on EA possibly buying the Euphoria engine.

Quote:
"Developers love to talk about their games, but rarely are they aloud to talk about them the way they want. All too many interviews see questions answered by nervous glances at hovering PR managers followed by disappointed shakes of the head and a disheartening “we’re not talking about that yet.” There was a stack of that going down at E3, an event where you get to talk to a lot of different developers… a lot. However this time the answers were slightly different. This time if I pushed on an issue that would typically get one of these face-palm answers – like “will it be online?” - it was answered with a wry smile and a, “are you going to Leipzig?”

Or to spell it out for you: “yes we do have an answer to that question and no, you will not get your answer until Leipzig."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Madden to use Euphoria Engine in future?

Seems like another ploy to buy something that could advance gaming and then waste all of the potential.

EA Presents Madden Backbreaker 2K11
Old 08-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

I hope they don't buy it, because then only EA can produce games with that technology. Unless somehow other forms of the same technology pop up.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35

I don't this is a surprise to anyone. It's funny how Natural Motion got everyone's hopes up for Backbreaker...
Old 08-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

The Euphoria Engine sounds cool but I kinda of wonder how long it would take if put into madden seeing how most the games that have it, tend to have longer production time then madden those. I mean Backbreaker been in production since early 07 and still no release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

I would love to see realistic physics for player models, rather then pre-rendered, motion-captured animations.

But I just don't see EA doing that.

They would probably need 2 or 3 years to implement it - I don't see them taking time off to put it into the game immediately.

I just want to see Backbreaker myself and see the engine in action at this point.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
The Euphoria Engine sounds cool but I kinda of wonder how long it would take if put into madden seeing how most the games that have it, tend to have longer production time then madden those. I mean Backbreaker been in production since early 07 and still no release date.
It takes time to make a GOOD game. (See my signature).

EA doesn't take it's time - they put together a couple gimmicks and rush it out the door every year.

I'd rather a company spend 2 or 3 years fine-tuning a game, as opposed to pushing it out early and patching it as they go...
Old 08-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Hmmm, I don't know about this. Obviously it's speculation, but it seems like it would be too good to be true. Plus, judging from Anim8tor's & Ian's comments in the past about Euphoria, they're not too impressed with it just yet. It seems they are understandably taking a wait and see approach.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »