Home

2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATION®

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATION® within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 01:15 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Im realy, realy digging the demo so far, i think it plays a good game of hockey as is, so imagine when we get the sliders.

At first i was like WTF with the controls but im over that now and settled for pro stick evo basicly if your familiar with EA's game as i am it feels the most natural of them all. And not as easy to score.
Im kinda miffed about the controls as i was very fond of last years layout but just as last year you have to learn new ones same thing but different
They took out full stick control so get that out your systems now, again tho its sorta like EA's controls with a clunky poke check on d but it is very effective and i'd say better than EA's .
The stick handling very similar to EA not as exagerated tho side to side which i kinda like(no mad dekes with mike grier kinda thing) its serviceable for me.

The AI seems realy good so far and the cpu pens have scored some real nice goals against me, the standout being Malkin in the high high slot rolling of a hit and deking my keeper it realy was awsome looking as are most goals , not once have i thought " that was an iffy goal" the cpu burys its chances .

The animations on the hits and just player interactions is outstanding.

Im going on but id say its just like EA's game but with all the 2k gameplay cant wait to delve into the full game.

Not sure about the shooting yet it may be on auto or accuracy is down need more time to realy see if its going where i aim it.

This is looking to be a great single player game for me im realy psyched for it now but i will be getting it for 360 most likely.
It has rough edges but its all good for me so far.
I agree completely. I think it is on auto, but if you can manual it like Ea's. This game will be sick. I like the animations especially on a wrister. It looks really sick.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:47 AM   #18
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATI

How does skating feel?
Old 08-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
How does skating feel?
I could be alone here. But to me it is amazing. I love how the skates feel like they are on ice. It is so much better than last years. I even like it better than Ea's. It just feels better. There is some heaviness and momentum too it. I could be wrong. I don't skate and when I did I was 8 years, so maybe someone that knows more about skating might get you a difference answer, but to me it is amazing.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10
Lightbulb Re: 2K Sports Announces Free Demo of NHL® 2K9 Now Available for Download on PLAYSTATI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I could be alone here. But to me it is amazing. I love how the skates feel like they are on ice. It is so much better than last years. I even like it better than Ea's. It just feels better. There is some heaviness and momentum too it. I could be wrong. I don't skate and when I did I was 8 years, so maybe someone that knows more about skating might get you a difference answer, but to me it is amazing.
Your not Scott and remember that demo is a bulid 2 -4 months as old as some say without sliders and many things off .
Plus each team has its own individual team settings to recreate their true nature.
I look at all the great things this short uncomplete demo does great as I am a positive person by nature .
Its like 2k made a game just for me being a true sim player but its sad more focus on trying to find the negative instead looking at all the improvements and the true potential of this addictive tiny demo.
Its just a small taste of whats to come and I cant wait for the final product !
A game that you can play as all teams /all games and keep actual real season rosters just like we had in last gen this is a must have for all real sim players and 2k has it .
I cant believe how well its plays right out of the gate and I just love the new controls very realistic if you know real hockey and in this case less is more at least too me .
Cant wait for the finished game and Bish and VC really kept theit word and delivered a FUN and Sim game with easy and hard controls to pick up controls.
Its funny the guys here complaining about controls are the same who bitched last year about the new controls ? but now they want them back ?
Well careful what you wish for and complain about next time boys because 2k actually does listen at least in this case boys
I also think with 2ks massive sliders theyre are never cheap scripted goals . I may even have my hockey team over for some real sim hockey games , oh and tons of fun EH !
Thanks 2k/VC for restoring my faith in video hockey games.

Last edited by SaintPatrick33; 08-16-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

He cant be right about the skating , he has never played Hockey!!!!!

But i agree it is realy good . I love having some momentum and nailing guys in the boards in the neutral zone , feels awsome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
Banned

Yeah I agree. I still think the skating sounds and looks pretty real. Also, the ice is amazing looking. It really does look like ice and Rink is amazing too. It looks like 20,000 people are there.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #23
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah I agree. I still think the skating sounds and looks pretty real. Also, the ice is amazing looking. It really does look like ice and Rink is amazing too. It looks like 20,000 people are there.

Sorry Scott. It was a dig at saint patrick from another thread its perfectly fine to have an opinion without having to be a player of the sport.

I mean mostly they try to replicate what we see on TV right, you see what skating looks like thats all you need i would say.

Sorry again , back to the topic.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Sorry Scott. It was a dig at saint patrick from another thread its perfectly fine to have an opinion without having to be a player of the sport.

I mean mostly they try to replicate what we see on TV right, you see what skating looks like thats all you need i would say.

Sorry again , back to the topic.
Skating to me seem so freaking hard. These people that can skate amaze me. I love watching them skate. And Marleau and Michalek are really fun to watch. Man, they are fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »