Home

NHL 09 Video Blogs w/ Full Game Video (EA Sports)

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Video Blogs w/ Full Game Video (EA Sports) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: WOW. Major update to the blog section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Pt2, A long pass rejected, very nice. My only concern there is the pass would have been tape to tape other than the defender breaking it up. Still though, looks good.
Yes, the passes are still too fast and accurate for sure. They've gone in the right direction for sure though. Having backhand passes be slower and less accurate is a start, but too many others are still too precise.

I wish they would do something more like 2k did where players cannot take passes from directly behind them as easily (good chance it would go off the skate or miss altogether). That would make the breakout much more realistic, as your d-men just aren't regularly threading perfect passes through the legs of forwards and hitting the tape as they are streaking through the zone.

In real life, that player is going to have to circle back or at least turn around (which is a no-no in open ice).

Still, overall an improvement from 08. I'd still like to see 2k's slow passing and deliberate zone breakouts, but that is getting nit-picky.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #10
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WOW. Major update to the blog section!

Nice seeing the Nordiques' unis. Hope they provide a lot of close-ups and cutscenes.
By the way, NHL 08 was the winner of seven gaming of the year awards, in case you missed it the first three or four times they mentioned it.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 09 Video Blogs w/ Full Game Video (EA Sports)

Oh my.. after watching those videos and reading the blog.. it's time to go ahead and pay in full for this one as well.

I'm spending $120 once again for my hockey fix this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #12
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

What? You're buying this game twice?

I keed, I keeeed. Depending on the 2k demo, I may think about picking that one up too, but it really has to impress me.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
What? You're buying this game twice?

I keed, I keeeed. Depending on the 2k demo, I may think about picking that one up too, but it really has to impress me.
What about me. I have a 360 and PS3. I am going to get all four games. Well, maybe I will rent hem first.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #14
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
What about me. I have a 360 and PS3. I am going to get all four games. Well, maybe I will rent hem first.
..and you will too!!!

I'm waiting on the 2k9 demo, but I like what I've seen in videos thus far. If I don't like the new control scheme, I guess I'll get my money back... lol..

I know I'll like NHL 09 seeing how the new additions to defense should clear up my one big complaint at how easy the CPU would score goals at will.

I love hockey, it's my favorite sport, so I don't mind one bit supporting two great games.. I didn't get Madden this year and I'm not big on basketball, so my money goes to hockey and NCAA football.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
..and you will too!!!

I'm waiting on the 2k9 demo, but I like what I've seen in videos thus far. If I don't like the new control scheme, I guess I'll get my money back... lol..

I know I'll like NHL 09 seeing how the new additions to defense should clear up my one big complaint at how easy the CPU would score goals at will.

I love hockey, it's my favorite sport, so I don't mind one bit supporting two great games.. I didn't get Madden this year and I'm not big on basketball, so my money goes to hockey and NCAA football.
They have the skill stick it is just like EA's, so I think you will like them. I can't wait for the Demo to drop. I want to see this lift the stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #16
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I bet he's playing on the hardest difficulty, but hasn't touched the sliders, if so, we can make passes even slower and harder and be killed via interceptions if we don't make good passes.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »