Home

NBA Live 09 Gameplay Video (Gametrailers)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Gameplay Video (Gametrailers) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #9
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: new gameplay video ( Gametrailers )

Probably on rookie? Dude Lamar was hitting jumpers, and everyone else was hitting crazy low IQ shots as well...

The game looks nice and the animations seems to flow alot better, but they need to let someone who knows how to play show off the game instead of people doing cheesfest control 101
Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #10
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

did any of those shtos hit the rim ? Dam it was swich city... The crowd is georgous some of the animations looked kinda off to me though just didn't look right. Lighting is Great !!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Seriously, that was cheesefest 09

I really wish EA would pick a couple of guys from here to do that kind of stuff around this time of year.

Its always the guys who dont have a clue who gets to play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

some are just too easy too please, this game doesn't animate well at all, still floaty ball passes that breezes by, just looks awkward to me, I should be seeing great progress by now, and I'm only seeing minimal gains
Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't know... I really liked what I saw. May take a little tweaking, but as long as the right players take the right shots.. then I'm good. I liked last year quite a bit after editing... I love the graphics, and I love the atmosphere. I can't wait for this. As long as some of the quirky animations from last year are gone, and it's more fluid... I'm buying.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Well that didn't show off the game very well . Graphics look great and the animations are much improved. Sound is incredible.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know... I really liked what I saw. May take a little tweaking, but as long as the right players take the right shots.. then I'm good. I liked last year quite a bit after editing... I love the graphics, and I love the atmosphere. I can't wait for this. As long as some of the quirky animations from last year are gone, and it's more fluid... I'm buying.
I agree, while this video was a cheesefest and didn't show off the sim style of play that a lot of us here wanted to see, it looks like it has the potential to be great and enjoyable after tweaking sliders and such.

I like the fact that you can choose any type of jersey, home or away, independent of whose home court it is. Sometimes in the NBA the home team wears their away jersey (or alternate) and the away team wears their home. It's nice to be able to do that in the game. Was this in past next-gen Live titles?

Also, this vid seems to confirm that Lights Out is in the game for Staples Center! Just see how bright the crowd is in this vid compared to the Lakers vs Clippers vids in IGN. I only play as the Lakers so I'm very happy about that. Was this in last year's Live also? Hehe sorry, I haven't played next-gen as of yet, 09 will be my first.

I didn't like the last shot also, not because it went in, but because of the 'fake shot travelling' thing. Reminded me of 2k in the ps2, where you could jab step all you want and travel towards the 3 point line.

Just saw a glitch: in the middle part of the video there seemed to be two Phil Jacksons, or was it the other coach going way over to the other side?

Other than that, I am still very excited for this game.

Last edited by 23bluesman; 08-20-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
The legend returns WHAT up WTF !!!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »