Home

Backbreaker Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview (IGN) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Exclamation Backbreaker Preview (IGN)

IGN has posted their preview of Backbreaker.

Quote:
"The altered control style isn't the only way that Backbreaker plans to separate itself from the pack. Rather than gunning for the simulation crown that Madden currently holds, NaturalMotion is going for arcade gameplay that has the most realistic motion ever seen in a videogame. You'll see things like defenders taking off from three yards away to lay the smack down on an unsuspecting quarterback and airborne receivers getting flipped end over end when trying to make a catch. It's nowhere near as ridiculous as Midway's Blitz but it does cash in on the same freedoms that come with the lack of the NFL license."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Brand New Backbreaker Preview

Meh, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

You just saw and read it...
Old 08-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I usually agree or understand Nate Ahearn's opinions/observations, so it's sounds like it's comming along. He said he did see 2 teams playing, and saw passing but wasn't allowed to comment on it yet.

IMO he sounds extremely positive on the game, BUT..he said it was a very early build, so those of us who have been following the game know that this shouldn't be the case from what we've been told. Many months ago we were told it was in an 'advanced playable state'.

I like this quote: "From defenders latching on to the waistline of my player's pants and being dragged for a few yards to popping a running back in the head, making it snap back in a way that is best described as cringe-worthy, Backbreaker seems to have the motions of football well in-hand. "
We knew mostly that the REACTIONS to being hit were always unique, but not so much the behaviour of the tackler doint the hitting - this is the first time I've heard observations about that and it sounds cool.

I'm still very much looking forward to playing this myself at some point in the future, it just sounds like it's further away than I thought.

I wish Nate was a poster here so that we could grind him about his opinions about it being vapourware, what else he saw like menu's, teams, plays, play-selection etc...

Anyway, glad it's positive, it could have been a lot worse.

***edit***also rock on that it's running on a 360 "After spending some time in downtown San Francisco with a controller in my hand and a very early version of Backbreaker running on a debug Xbox 360, I can say that the forward-thinking footballer looks like it just might be able to live up to its potential."

"

Last edited by allBthere; 08-21-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

2009......Why? I remember a producer on the 1up podcast like over a year ago and he said they started the idea on the game even a year before that podcast interview??? and he said it was an early build? looks like its gonna be another year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
You just saw and read it...
I think he means when it's released and he plays it, not just see some video or screenshots. That's when I'll make the decision on it, I don't want to get my hopes too high.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

You guys they still have 4 months, not to mention he played a "couple month old" build, which means they are like 3 or 4 months ahead of what build he played, meaning they've obviously still been working on the game. I am CONFIDENT this game will be out in 08, and I'm glad to see such good info since everyone still thinks its never going to come out.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

looks pretty good

too bad they chose the 'arcade' route

i'll pass

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »