Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Details

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Details within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #17
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: It's official...we are doing a patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I have a PS3 but can't get online with it. Anyway to get the patch via the internet and using a flash drive?

I did that with the updated rosters and it worked, but I have no clue if a patch is an altogether different story.

Thanks.
you might be out of luck. Cuz to download the patch, your system has to be connected to the internet so it can detect that the disc is in your system at the moment. Thats how the patch download is triggered
Old 08-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Awesome!

But just out of curiosity are you looking into tuning the defining moments logic? No biggie if not, just my only real gripe left about the game if you fix everything you stated.
I'd like to ask this to everyone...what exactly would need to be fine-tuned with the defining moments?

It doesn't seem absurd to me that everyone always wants you to go for it..etc. that's part of being a coach, dealing with the outside pressures that may cause you not to run your team the way you normally would. Do you give in to the fans? the media? the owner? I think defining moments is pretty effective in simulating that but I guess maybe they happen too early in a game? But I don't know, I kinda like the randomness of it. In fact lol last night I got mad because I was going to go for it (in an obvious situation) and I did NOT get the defining moment lol...

yeah, I kinda like defining moments

oh yeah, one last thing...winning or losing the game does pretty much wash out approval changes during the game and that makes sense. -8 for not going for it but went up like 15 when I won that game...
Old 08-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #19
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks guys...The effort and dedication is truely appreciated.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'd like to ask this to everyone...what exactly would need to be fine-tuned with the defining moments?

It doesn't seem absurd to me that everyone always wants you to go for it..etc. that's part of being a coach, dealing with the outside pressures that may cause you not to run your team the way you normally would. Do you give in to the fans? the media? the owner? I think defining moments is pretty effective in simulating that but I guess maybe they happen too early in a game? But I don't know, I kinda like the randomness of it. In fact lol last night I got mad because I was going to go for it (in an obvious situation) and I did NOT get the defining moment lol...

yeah, I kinda like defining moments
Ok, I'll give you an example. Late in the game, I just scored a touchdown with 46 sec. left which put me 6 points behind. Suddenly I get a game defining moment as to whether or not I want to go for an onside kick. Of course any coach would. How is that a defining moment? Then to make matters worse, (there seems to be a bug here), as I go for the onside kick, make it, I see my approval go up for about 2 seconds, and then drop back down to where it was. When I look at the details of the reaction, everyone is negative. I ended up scoring the game winning touchdown, and did get a boost after the game, but the whole sequence was weird.

The other example is when the defining moment is to go for an onside kick with 8+ minutes left in the game. I really don't think the majority of fans and certainly owners, would be mad at a coach for not kicking an onsides kick this early.

Overall I love the concept, it just needs some tweaking...
Old 08-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #21
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Well, that's good enough for me. Even though this isn't my type of game, you guys more than deserve another customer, especially considering how much fun I had playing the demo.

Any reasonable excuse for me to not get this game just went out the window with this patch.

Congratulations guys...you're doing one hell of a job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #22
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

YES! Hopefully this gets out at least a week after the game offically comes out so I can play without having to remember to save on Fridays
Old 08-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #23
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Thanks guys for doing this Again, you have been fantastic in responding to feedback and we all appreciate everything you've done to address the issues in this game.

Cheers
Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's great, the only thing on my wish list for the patch that isn't mentioned is the ability to call audibles like the computer can, but I can live with that. You guys are did a great job with the game and these fixes will make it even more enjoyable to play!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »