Home

FIFA 09 In-Depth Hands-on (IGN)

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 In-Depth Hands-on (IGN) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New IGN hands-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I'll take the better-looking game with more licenses.

Oddly enough, I have the same view when it comes to women.
As with games, it's a matter of taste. It'd be useful if she had a driving licence, but that's not a excluding factor to me. But if she had a firearms licence, I doubt we had much in common.

As sportsdude pointed out, it's a subjective thing, nothing wrong with that. It's a positive, if companies are pushed through competition to improve their products. But I just don't like it, if one tries to compete by grabbing exclusives. A friend of mine only buys FIFA because his club is only there from the start. He sees the gameplay as inferior but not so much to hold him back. And to be honest, the first thing I do after purchasing PES (PC) is checking how far the progress is for Bundesliga patches.
After some weeks, we only play PES.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
I'm in the same boat. EA knows how to market and that's the bottom line. If anyone played the PC version of PES last year, I DARE you to say anything FIFA has ever published is better.

It's funny that on OS or other American forums, FIFA is praised, but on any UK, Canadian, Australia, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Brasilian.... (shall I go on?) forums, everyone hates it.

FIFA markets their products and then it gets sooo overhyped people look for the good and ignore the bad. Same thing with Madden. This was supposed to be the year and for the last 6 months, everyone said it was going to be great. Then 2 weeks after release, all the flaws come out. BUT, instead of saying how crappy it is, someone starts a '2010 wishlist'.

This is getting ridiculous. I dont care what game you prefer, but if it's good, say it's good. If it's bad, have the guts to say it's bad. That's all I ask.

I'm just sick of paying 70$ every year for a POS where they improve one factor, but ruin two others.

So here's to both games being GREAT and the soccer forums, peaceful.
I could NOT have said it better myself! EA does exactly that! One step forwards, two steps (at least) back. Every friggin' year it is the SAME THING!

However, to be fair, I like the new HC 09 and Madden on the Wii is not that bad. IMO it is better than the other versions. Also, Tiger Woods seems to be improved quite a bit. I have Madden for the 360 and don't care for it that much but like it on the Wii and I have TW09 for the 360 and love it and ALSO just bought the Wii version but have yet to try it out so... we shall see.

Damn, for someone who hates EA I sure am buying a lot of their games LOL! And even the same TITLES! Just for different consoles : )

Silly ofdman.

Guess I am part of the problem huh?!

Oh well, I am the eternal optimist. Or, huge sucker
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 08-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

ofdmnan

I was just going to say that but you beat me to it. Yes, you are part of the problem, lol. I have done that in the past, where I bought a game, didnt like it and sold it. Then I'd be like, "well, I need ________ (insert sport here) in my life so I'll buy it again". But yes, the capitalist society exploits gamers since gimmicks and hardcore marketing make us believe we want something, even when we know it's not that great.

Yes, Madden on the wii is pretty good. My enthusiasm for it has declined, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 09 In-Depth Hands-on (IGN)

I respect your opinions, guys, but they really don't have much (if anything) to do with this thread. Thanks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »