Home

FaceBreaker Ships Today

This is a discussion on FaceBreaker Ships Today within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FaceBreaker Ships Today

An All-New Intellectual Property from
EA Sports Puts Your Face in the Game

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Wednesday, September 3, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that FaceBreaker™ has shipped to retailers worldwide on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame system from Microsoft. FaceBreaker K.O. Party for Wii™ will follow in November. An all-new intellectual property under the EA SPORTS Freestyle™ brand, FaceBreaker brings back the experience of old-school arcade boxing to a new generation of gamers. Expect the unexpected with FaceBreaker, featuring laugh-out-loud action and over-the-top characters.

FaceBreaker drops you into a world filled with eye-popping stylized graphics and ego wielding characters that get you raring to get your pummel on. Add a little personal motivation to your fights using the custom face generator called Photo Game Face. Use an Xbox LIVE Vision camera or a PLAYSTATION®Eye camera to create a custom boxer by uploading yourself – or someone more notorious – directly to your console. Alternatively, use a regular photo and share your masterpiece with the world in the online Boxer Gallery. Download your created boxer into your game in seconds from EA SPORTS World (www.easportsworld.com), or scour the 30,000 plus boxers that have already been created since the launch of the downloadable demo last month.

Laugh out loud as you pummel your opponent with a barrage of blows to the face, and watch in satisfaction as your progress is illustrated by real-time facial deformation. With haymakers, face shots and body blows, wait for the right moment to drop a Breaker to make your presence known. Taunt your adversaries and flaunt your talent, by boxing with one hand behind your back to add ultimate humiliation to your bout. In FaceBreaker, it just feels good to rearrange your opponent's face.

FaceBreaker was developed by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C. and is now available for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 videogame system from Microsoft with an MSRP of $49.99. The game has been rated T (Teen) by the ESRB and 12+ by PEGI. For more information, log onto www.easports.com/facebreaker.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FaceBreaker Ships Today

I just hope people try before they buy.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

It ships today, but it got a 5.0 from IGN. No surprise.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/907/907325p1.html
Old 09-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
It ships today, but it got a 5.0 from IGN. No surprise.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/907/907325p1.html
Epic fail, thank god for demos!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Another example of EA getting away from and not strengthening its core business product. Get that straightened first, then use resources on poorly implemented ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Another example of EA getting away from and not strengthening its core business product. Get that straightened first, then use resources on poorly implemented ideas.
Can you elaborate on that please. I think this game is pretty good, but it should be 29.99
Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Can you elaborate on that please. I think this game is pretty good, but it should be 29.99

EA has and continues to overextend themselves without sharpening its core business product. They released a turd in NCAA football this year, Madden is still not where it should be, NHL is there, TW is there (for the most part), Nascar is still busted, they messed up the Burnout franchise, Fight Night isn't right, sat on the SSX franchise, etc...

It is business 101. Make sure your business core is near perfect, then possibly extend into other areas. EA is simply in the business, at this moment, of doing things about 70-80%.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Vast, that was my recommendation to the community leader that post here. Reduce the price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »