Home

FIFA 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
FIFA 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

The FIFA Soccer 09 demo is available, please post your impressions here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS / PC

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 05:04 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Fifa09 demo up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It's on the marketplace. Downloading now! Brian
Lol. I'm doing the same. I logged into XBL at exactly 2am.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #3
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I went on there and at first nada. Then I backed out of the new arrivals went back in and bam! I'm just praying my box holds up through today so I can get a taste. It's dying, but I think it might be the DVD drive. Hopefully the HDD isn't dead. But this thing is pumping heat out of the back like a hair dryer. 5 RROD since yesterday morning. Regardless, it's headed for Texas tomorrow. I just want to get to play the demo at least a couple of times before I have to go into gaming rehab!

66% complete!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-11-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice they have custom controls this year. Also you can adjust the zoom level, and height of any of the preexisting camera.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice heads up! Almost done, but I have to go to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I DL'd it and played it this morning and the first you thing you notice is how responsive the players move. The default setting for '09 is the Euro speed so it's a little faster than '08 but the responsiveness opens the game up so much more.

Just some quick things I noticed:
  • The passing bar lets you really get a good gauge on how hard you need to press the button to put certain amounts of speed on your passes. Manual passing should be a little bit easier to fool around with.
  • Goal Kicks default to the end to end view. You can now see if the cheeser you're playing is charging forward trying to steal a lazy pass from your keeper without using the radar.
  • The speed really lets you get out of those animations in '08 where you would get stuck. You can also do a quick counter throw from your keeper now.
  • I went into penalty shots. Moving the keeper is mapped to the Left Analog, the right analog stick makes your keeper jump on his tippy toes and do a jumping jack.
  • In however long the demo was I saw Real get 3 yellows and multiple advantages on plays where the foul was obvious. Robben got one for arguing. This should delight all of us.
  • I saw some nice sliding passes where my player couldnt control the pass so he slid and tapped the ball to a teammate without me hitting the slide tackle button. I also saw a few errant passes on my behalf that went astray.
  • Before the match while the game is loading your Arena player changes and when the game loads and prompts you to press start it transforms you into the Arena. It looks pretty cool. Also, I dont if this was in '08 but the Stadium Announcer now announces the starting 11.
I can't wait to get home and play some more. Visually, they nailed Drogba's player perfectly. Oh yeh, before the match while the players were still in the tunnell Ruud turned to the camera and gave it a mean stare. Never nice seeing his ulgy mug at 6:45AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice write up bro. I was able to play around in the arena with Ronny for a bit. Shooting and aiming in general seems much better, almost too easy, but I think I like it.

Jerseys are unlocked so that is cool. Will sport the Milan 3rd black kit for sure. Seemed like some of the team sliders were availible, but some were locked. That is as far as I got before taking off to work. Cannot wait to get home and play it some more.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Nice write up bro. I was able to play around in the arena with Ronny for a bit. Shooting and aiming in general seems much better, almost too easy, but I think I like it.

Jerseys are unlocked so that is cool. Will sport the Milan 3rd black kit for sure. Seemed like some of the team sliders were availible, but some were locked. That is as far as I got before taking off to work. Cannot wait to get home and play it some more.
Yeh, I noticed that in the Arena that alot of my shots were on target. More so than in '08 but I played a lot of '08 and a lot lately.

I also had a free kick outside of the box and called for the 2nd player, too bad I blew it and sailed it over the net.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »