Home

NHL 2K9 Review

This is a discussion on NHL 2K9 Review within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 2K9 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Great post and you are so right. 2k/VC knows what they are doing when it comes to sports video games. They are the kings of making games that simulate sports to a tee. Can't wait to see what they do with baseball. 2K9 is brilliant.
It's off topic but I can't wait to see how they handle the MLB either. The Show kicks it's *** so thoroughly someone needs to step in.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Hows the 6 on 6 onlie gameplay ??

Anyone try it out ??
Old 09-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8
As far as the hitting comments go in the review, they were more aimed at the fact that online, players still predicate their entire defense on using hitting as their only tool for defense.

In single play, it's certainly been toned down in the sense of AI use. That said, in online games, at least those I played, it was still used quite heavily. It could just be the people I played, but many tried to do the hitting despite how much it's been toned down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Good, accurate review -- one thing that isn't being mentioned much is how good of a job 2k did with making the players feel different and to play like the actual players - controlling Hal Gill and then switching to Sergie Gonchar feels totally different and actually forces you to change your play style depending on who is out on the ice
Old 09-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralnakor
As far as the hitting comments go in the review, they were more aimed at the fact that online, players still predicate their entire defense on using hitting as their only tool for defense.

In single play, it's certainly been toned down in the sense of AI use. That said, in online games, at least those I played, it was still used quite heavily. It could just be the people I played, but many tried to do the hitting despite how much it's been toned down.
That makes sense. I found that offline you can use your speedy wingers and kind of dominate the zones. I was starting to thump the CPU quite a lot with Gaborik. I mean, I just try not to play that way, but it seems a little off, even with the new hitting.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #14
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
It's off topic but I can't wait to see how they handle the MLB either. The Show kicks it's *** so thoroughly someone needs to step in.
I wish I had the guts to purchase a PS3 just for the show. Why can't they put it on the 360. I have heard so many things about it and would love to try it out. Oh well hopefully VC puts MLB up to the level of NBA, NHL, APF.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #15
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Hey guys, don't forget to give your reader score for the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #16
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralnakor

Cool, I have never played a game online but I can understand how that could get annoying after a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »