Home

UEFA Champions League Signs Four Year Deal For PES

This is a discussion on UEFA Champions League Signs Four Year Deal For PES within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UEFA Champions League Signs Four Year Deal For PES

Best club football competition in the world to feature in PES 2009 as Konami secures exclusive UEFA Champions League licence

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd has announced that its PES 2009 title will feature the UEFA Champions League following the conclusion of an exclusive 4 year licence with UEFA. The newest addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer series will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and, PC-DVD on 17th October, followed by a version for Wii in 2009.

The UEFA Champions League deal will allow Konami to use all elements and attributes of the competition to create an exclusive UEFA Champions League mode within the PES game. The licence confirms Konami’s commitment to extending the series’ reputation as the definitive and most realistic football series available.

“The Pro Evolution Soccer series is synonymous with football being played at the highest level, which makes it perfect for hosting the best club football competition in the world”, commented UEFA. “We are delighted that PES 2009 will feature the UEFA Champions League and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Konami.”

“This deal showcases our commitment to taking PES 2009 forward in terms of licences and realism,” commented Kunio Neo, President for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The UEFA Champions League is the jewel in the club competition crown, and is just one of many innovations we have lined up for the new game.”

PES 2009 will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD and mobile phones on 17th October, followed by versions for PlayStation®2 on 30th October, and for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) on 6th November and for Wii in 2009.

Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: UEFA Champions League Signs Four Year Deal For PES

"The licence confirms Konami’s commitment to extending the series’ reputation as the definitive and most realistic football series available."

That statement would be so true if they were talking about PES about 5 years ago, they're delirious if they still think it's 'realistic', guess that means this years will be as bad as last then
Old 09-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Well, I now have 2 games to buy this year. ManU and Champions League presentation? Sold...... Now I'm gonna finally turn to the "dark side." LOL.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Well, I now have 2 games to buy this year. ManU and Champions League presentation? Sold...... Now I'm gonna finally turn to the "dark side." LOL.....
So we will be seeing you in the PES forums more I take it?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
So we will be seeing you in the PES forums more I take it?
Collecting OS Champions League trophies!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

So is this part of the Master League ( I think it is still called that) or is it a seperate game mode?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
So is this part of the Master League ( I think it is still called that) or is it a seperate game mode?
I'm not sure yet...but the way its being marketed i have a feeling its just a separate mode available from the 'top menu'.

I certainly hope its incorporated into Master League too.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:47 AM   #8
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

So does this mean we get Arsenal and Chelsea, or does North London and whatever the hell they call the English Oligarchs get into the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »