Home

NHL 09 Review

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Review within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 09 Review

The nitpicking some people do is ridiculous. This game is easily the best hockey game I've ever played the EASHL is a blast. I haven't even started a dynasty yet because I just don't know how I will have time.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Great review, very fair for the most part. This game is easily one of the best sports video titles ever IMO. I do think though that something should have been said regarding the issue of lack of penalties. Posters on OS have been mentioning this in the forums since day one. It is a definite issue with the game, and a big one at that.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBiNeR
I played an EASHL game last night for the first time. It was awesome fun. However, I don't have the time to be playing league games all week long where I have to depend on other people and schedule games in advance.

So for the players that don't play the EASHL, what are we left with? Diminishing quality of legacy features. Is it so horrible for older players like myself to point this out? You people act like I've done this every year since 1991...and that's where you are dead wrong. It all started this past May.
I don't know exactly what you mean...I'm on the WNR NHL 09 EASHL team and I've just been playing random games with them online...I haven't had to plan things, be in scheduled league games, etc.

I'm the same way, I don't really have the dedicated time to play league games, but I've hopped online with those guys and just had fun.

Offline I enjoy the Be A Pro mode, I haven't touched the regular game.

I understand your legacy issues, I just don't think the lack of controller customization, classic control edits, shift+ modifier, are the end of the world. That's just me though, and I think we just vastly disagree in our opinions on things (like Battle.net, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
I played an EASHL game last night for the first time. It was awesome fun. However, I don't have the time to be playing league games all week long where I have to depend on other people and schedule games in advance.
There is no scheduling required. You just go to the dressing room and see if anyone is there. The team I'm on has ~30 people, so chances are I'll get a game if I got after 5.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6
Nice review, mirrors most of my thoughts. I hope they clean up the chugging frame rate in the cut scenes, and bring out the patch for Custom Music on the PS3, a glaring omission.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #14
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Nice review. The only real issues I have with the game is not being able to find enough time to play it with recent life issues.

Hopefully I'll get around to it by christmas time.

Twitch Stream
Old 09-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
So you're saying Tyler that no matter what time of day I'm on, I will NEVER be in a situation where I won't be able to field a team of 6 for EASHL play? You're SURE about that now?
If you're on a big enough EASHL team, then yes it shouldn't be a problem. You can have up to 50 people per team, all playing different games at the same time if you have enough people on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
So you're saying Tyler that no matter what time of day I'm on, I will NEVER be in a situation where I won't be able to field a team of 6 for EASHL play? You're SURE about that now?

No guarantees. But you only need 2 people from the team to play and if you're on a team with people you know well, then you can find time to play together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »