Home

NHL 09 Review

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Review within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 09 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBiNeR
Funny I used to play World of Warcraft and was in a 200+ member guild. There were so many times I couldn't get 5 players (all different class types that was mandatory) for a 5-man dungeon raid. The same will be the case for NHL unless all 50 players are on 24-hours a day.

Heck I don't have to tell you this...you'll find out for yourself.
then just play the friggin BAP pickup games. your complaining is ridiculous and tiresome. i feel like stabbing my eyes out every time i read your posts.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #18
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

My two biggest complaints are the controls (which the review mentions)...not being able to have true custom controls is a big minus, not to mention when playing online having the "shoot" control also being the "check" control doesn't work well at all. When playing BAP it's maddening when you are trying to shoot a loose puck and instead are stuck either checking or poke checking. Needs to be fixed, hopefully in a patch.

I also think the stick lift is a bit too powerful. It needs to be toned down a little...as it is now it's too much reward vs not much risk.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #19
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Great Game! Spot on review. I would give it a 10 though. There is really like 3 different games on this disc. All of them are great.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Something really cool i seen today was when playing be a pro offline i was in a game and play was stoped when there was an offsides called and they showed a cutsence of the crowd doing the wave! it was awsome looking
Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #21
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

9 sounds about right. Really fun and immersive game, just like 08, the big difference being there's less perfect plays, more sloppiness (which is good), passes and shots that miss the mark, turnovers, etc., which makes it more challenging. The addition of throwback jerseys is fantastic, for graphic hos and hockey history buffs alike.

This game is so visually impressive, this is really the first game I've played that feels like it's taken advantage of the 360's power.

Naturally, it's not perfect (need more penalties and sliders for better customization), but it's about as good as it gets.

I'd give it a 10 if you had the ability to play any game in franchise mode (like NBA 2k9, NCAA Football and Madden). I hate being restricted to one team, I like playing a variety of teams.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

You could play with a random team in the EAHL by going to community and then OTP (ranked OTP).

So, yes you can always play with a club team as your be a pro character online. I just realized this the other day, great feature.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
then just play the friggin BAP pickup games. your complaining is ridiculous and tiresome. i feel like stabbing my eyes out every time i read your posts.
I agree...i dont mind crticism of games...but man the tone of your writings is soo condensending it makes me puke....

Enough already we know NHL sucks we know its no shift modifer .net Wow 5 guild man 9er 7 thinger....(sarcasm).

This game is the best NHL game I've played since the days of the Sega Genisis.

Played 08 online exclusively over 500 play now games....09 at this rate I may double it!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
9 sounds about right.

Naturally, it's not perfect (need more penalties and sliders for better customization), but it's about as good as it gets.

I'd give it a 10 if you had the ability to play any game in franchise mode (like NBA 2k9, NCAA Football and Madden). I hate being restricted to one team, I like playing a variety of teams.
All great points and I agree with the 9 rating too...fun factor is a 10 for me. This year I have the ability to beat the online cheese that i sometimes encounter in the play now games.

I cant wait for all EA games to follow NCAA's online dynasty feature.

Bring back playoffs and a season mode as well as being able to control all 30 teams and we have a weiner!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »