Home

Fight Night Round 4 Brand New Video

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Brand New Video within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Brand New Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Fight Night round 3 might have had great graphics, but it sucked to play. I think they're going about this the right way, the graphics look good in my opinion, most importantly is they are addressing the problems most of us had with the gameplay, the fact they point out strategy has me excited.

You are absolutely correct.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

People are looking at the graphics and seem dissappointed but the game has several months left in development. Seems like they are getting the ground work done on the gameplay side first then the graphics. If you look at it now all the bells and whistle missing in the back ground. This game still has some was to go, i wouldn't be surprised when it's all said and done it looks better then FNR3
Old 09-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #19
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
People are looking at the graphics and seem dissappointed but the game has several months left in development. Seems like they are getting the ground work done on the gameplay side first then the graphics. If you look at it now all the bells and whistle missing in the back ground. This game still has some was to go, i wouldn't be surprised when it's all said and done it looks better then FNR3
Thank U I'm not trying to b a jerk but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is a early alpha build.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: "NEW" Fight Night Round 4 footage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Yeah man im officially hyped for this game!! I wasn't feeling the player models too much tho. It looked like ali's arms were way too long. other then that this looks like the one we've been waiting for.......

as long as the career mode is great.
If u listen to the announcer, he states "exaggerated for effect"..so they were just showing how it would be effective. Not necessarily his actual reach.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:23 AM   #21
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Mike looked real nice. I can't wait to see the improvements they have made to game modes.
LOL @ parts unknown. Lemme take a wild guess where you're from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #22
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Looking good so far. Partial blocks, punches landing on shoulders, reach being a factor, and the ability to fight inside should greatly improve things. Body movement looked much more natural. That looked a lot more like boxing.

I would like to see more fluid footwork. Movement around the ring still looks choppy.

And I didn't see any clinching. That's an area that needs to be more dynamic than in the past. I hope to see seemless clinching animations and punching in the clinch.

And of course, there weren't any presentation elements shown. That's an area that needed a lot of help.

Any word on there being sliders in Rd 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
...It looked like the game could be turned into a slugfest though. Hopefully there will be situations where we'll actually have to box (and box well)...
Some of the new features should help. The effectiveness of punches determined by how they connect, punches partially landing and punches glancing off shoulders should make for more realistic exchanges.

What we didn't see is how clinching will work, the effect of fatigue, how much chin fighters have, ect. But from what was shown, more realistic fights seem quite possible.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nice opening with Tyson...my favorite fighter of all time. Devastating puncher!!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:11 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

I hope they have his speed down packed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »