Home

NBA Live 09 - Czarisode 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 - Czarisode 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #9
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 09 - Czarisode 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Not used to the NBA LIVE series. I have a few questions, maybe some of you all can answer this question.
Since the dribbling/handling of the ball seems so intuitive, is fatigue factored into handling the ball. Seems like if someone dribbles the rock as fast as some of the animations, the player would get fatigued quicker.

I've never checked to see whether or not fatigue drops based on the number of dribbles or whatever, but I'd have to check later on to be completely sure. It seems like something 2k would implement first, though.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:59 AM   #10
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

czar,
that was pure basketball goodness. don't scrap the rest of your vids man, i need all the help i can get. i was one of those who thought the qsab moves were unresponsive, but its nice to know that EA has added some depth and a learning curve to their games. it makes the simulation experience more true to life. now if they can make the application of these moves more realistic, things will be good. again, quality work, and i look forward to the next. btw, the first czarisode was deep as well. LIVE is going to be a solid sim this year.

pete
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
Great videos! EA ought to pay you for your efforts because your videos certainly make it harder for me to settle on a choice of a basketball game this year.

After several hours with the demo, I simply find the gameplay more FUN than anything from the 2k series, lately, even though 2k does so many things right. It's EA's new and intuitive play calling system, along with their floor spacing that really drives it home for me. But now 2k had to go and show screenshots of what looks to be an amazing Association mode. Arrrgghhh! I can't make up my mind. If only 2k's isomotion wasn't a broken system and they improved the shot stick (I still can't shoot J's with it) then I wouldn't be as inclined to give EA my money. What's everybody else going with this year?

And no, I'm not one of those people who boasts "I'm buying BOTH!!!!" because games are expensive and there are so many good ones coming out this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Haha Czar, you are something else man. Great Job as always. I didn't realize the depth of Lives dribbling system and you didn't even cover the explosion animations/Quickstrike A's out of those standstill dribbles.

Great stuff...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just wanted to say great job Czar. I hadnt even noticed some of the subtleties that you pointed out. Your first video about playcalling had me playing the demo nonstop trying out the variations. Keep 'em coming. These training videos should be in the game because they are much better than the usual EA ones.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #14
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Haha, you showin' out Czar, get you some, haha. I might have to rent me some Live this year, tight video cousin.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 09-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Man, you make the games look better with your videos. Last year I saw a couple of your vids from 2k8, and they made me love the game even more.

This year, the same thing is happening. I like Live this year too, but with these videos, i'm liking it even more. They help to understand the game better, even if I already know what you're showing.

Amazing vids, and man, seriously, even better music.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

Awesome video. That video tutorial just opened up a whole new world for me on this Live demo. EA should pay you for that and use it on their website. It really shows off the depth and realism that they were able to accomplish with dribbling this year. Could certainly use that as a major selling point to sim players. Give us more man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »