Home

NBA Live 09 - Czarisode 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 - Czarisode 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #17
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 09 - Czarisode 2

Czar... you know what's up man

Great video and it came right when I got a chance to DL the demo and play last night. Went into practice and saw what you were explaining to us..

Broke Fisher off a few times and Lamar Odom as well using some of the moves you showed us.

Give the man a break EA! Look at what he can do with the game.. the real fans of the game is where it's at. Somebody needs to give this brotha a job.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Czar, this is amazing! I just wanted to let you know that all of us at EA SPORTS are watching and loving what you're doing!

Fantastic job!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #19
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah, great stuff as always. I had a lot of fun just playing around with the dribbles in the practice gym... there are super-fast ones also, which I guess would be .5 .5 .5 .5 .5 haha...

The problems with this system for a lot of people start when the contact animations on the perimeter start happening and they get pushed out of an animation, etc. -- that's where most of the "unresponsive/sluggish" complaints are coming from. I kind of agree, just because with such a rhythm-based system, any disruption can cause you to do a bunch of stuff you weren't planning... but I do think that will prevent a lot of the super-crazy spin-spin-spin stuff that was happening with the moves in Live 08, so it might be a net gain in terms of realistic play and tempo.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Then that begs the question, how do you compensate for contact... i thought about that as I drove to the bucket on LO with PP, he rode my hip the entire way but i was still able to keep going and get my shot off... it was nice, but i wasnt crossing on him the entire way

The only other thing about the dribble moves is that the video didnt show much of them in motion, just off the stand still.. but you can definitely do some of it while trying to get the defender off balance.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #21
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Sup Family !! Sincere thanks to everyone who stopped to say something about the video. Its really helpful to know the vids are helping some of you out there enjoy the game.

stumble that .5.5.5. was Hilarious... Loved it !!!

Kdre and stumble both have great points on how do you handle the contact. The next vid will get more into the moves in motion. So far I think its spiderman as Czar would say... with much power comes much responsibility.

I think they gave us a bit to much help with the animations that kick in to "save" you from being ripped like the auto step back or bump back that happens just as you may be making a decision to make a move.

The way they handle the contact is much much much better than last year... that autoforce you to the right every time was difficult to adjust to. The thing I like is that you know what. Offense does not always dictate .

If Defense is right in front of you in real life you can try a running inside out if you wanted but if he doesn't move he would in effect "stop your animation" if you will that is an ugly collision in real life. But in real life I wouldn't choose to make that move. I think we have become accustomed to doing anything whenever we want because its a game. But in real life what you can do is in part dictated by how the defense decides to play you.

again thanks everyone for posting it really does make a difference and we will move on with this series and see how some of these questions get answered.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #22

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Not used to the NBA LIVE series. I have a few questions, maybe some of you all can answer this question.
Since the dribbling/handling of the ball seems so intuitive, is fatigue factored into handling the ball. Seems like if someone dribbles the rock as fast as some of the animations, the player would get fatigued quicker.
it would be great if it did. I can't say for sure though trill !!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Waz Up Czar, This is CzarJr. Great vid man
Old 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #24

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarJr
Waz Up Czar, This is CzarJr. Great vid man
Whatup SON !!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »