Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Nuggets vs. Suns

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Nuggets vs. Suns within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
NBA 2K9 Video: Nuggets vs. Suns

OS just posted a gameplay video from their beta copy of NBA 2K9.
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Nuggets - Suns 2K9 Clip

hmm im gonna have to wait till i play the game before i make anymore judgements but as of right now these vids arent doing 2k9 any justice at least in my eyes, i msure itll change when i get my hands on the game

Last edited by mikedeezy; 09-20-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:15 AM   #3
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

Same thing with me...I wrote off those other videos(gametrailers, gamespot) but this looks like CPU-CPU. And to me the game looks unfinished animation wise and the way the players cut in/out of their moves. Was also disappointing to see no pick n rolls with the Suns. And I know these teams run up and down the court but there were some "wtf" passes to nobody or they had the wrong animation for that type of pass.

I'm definitely gonna cop it but something seems "off"

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 09-20-2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Same thing with me...I wrote off those other videos(gametrailers, gamespot) but this looks like CPU-CPU. And to me the game looks unfinished animation wise and the way the players cut in/out of their moves. Was also disappointing to see no pick n rolls with the Suns. And I know these teams run up and down the court but there were some "wtf" passes to nobody or they had the wrong animation for that type of pass.

I'm definitely gonna cop it but something seems "off"
Yea i feel you right now its gonna be a open competition between live and 2k, the live demo actually impressed me.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Smile Re: Nuggets - Suns 2K9 Clip

Man the game looks good, and I love the presentation as well as if they can at least keep the gameplay as good as last years i'll be fine with the game. I think the defense is better and I hope they call more fouls as well, but my only problem right now is Clark Kellogg who needs to STFU!!...Man he has to say something about EVERY play that happens, it's annoying. I don't mind Kevin Harlan but I hope they have a Clark Kellogg slider so I can turn that **** waaaay down!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 04:29 AM   #6
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

Well I'm not gonna get into all that...We've had enough debating over that subject already.

Watched the clip again...That passing sequence between Amare and Shaq was heartbreaking(not literally fools!) because it was almost mindless. I also did see two pick n rolls with Phoenix but thats not enough. Really thought they would exploit the Nuggets terrible defense. :-/

But yea the presentation is all that and then some. Great intro and awesome end of quarter highlights...Really took it to the next level there.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 09-20-2008 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #7
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

I love the new intro to each game...TV style / adds a lot of atmosphere. Nice
Old 09-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #8
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

I loved at the beginning of the video that the tip ball hit the ground and Raja Bell almost got ahold of it. Going to be fun to grab a tip in the beginning and get an easy break like you see happen so much in the NBA, and especilly in the Olympics.

There's alot of blocks but I don't mind it at all.. Keeps people from forcing stuff in and they actually look good.. Shaq crammed that **** at the beginning.

Thank God they sped up Iverson's cross.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »