Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Lakers vs. Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Lakers vs. Celtics within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
NBA 2K9 Video: Lakers vs. Celtics

OS just posted another gameplay video from their beta copy of NBA 2K9. This one features the Lakers vs. Celtics with the slider speed set to 40.
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2k9 : Lakers vs Celtics (user vs cpu)

yeah i mentioned on the other thread i dont like the slower speed lol

anyway...i still dont like how the players react and move when calling out plays, they still just trot to their positions no running whatsoever...whats the point of calling out plays if they turn into mindless automatons going through the motion...at one point Pierce got lost in the crowd...sheesh

with the smarter AI setting up picks on their own and with much better fluidity (AND SPEED) i dont think calling out plays will be necessary any more...i mean just watching that was gah...just gah...
Old 09-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

It seems a lot slower than the other video..I DID NOT LIKE what Pierce did on one of the final plays..dude just stood there then walked to his place like the shot clock wasnt dying

lol @ Odom catching the ball and not dribbling for the dunk..
Old 09-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie

anyway...i still dont like how the players react and move when calling out plays, they still just trot to their positions no running whatsoever...whats the point of calling out plays if they turn into mindless automatons going through the motion...at one point Pierce got lost in the crowd...sheesh

with the smarter AI setting up picks on their own and with much better fluidity (AND SPEED) i dont think calling out plays will be necessary any more...i mean just watching that was gah...just gah...
This is by far my biggest problem with 2K these days. I want to do something on offense besides pick-n-roll and isolation stuff. These plays are practically useless because of how the offensive players run (or walk, lol) through them. The last play where Pierce was coming from the block to the top of the key of a screen was just terrible, he was literally walking up there.

I'm disappointed they didn't correct this at all from last year.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Didn't look as good at a slower pace TBH. That Pierce play at the end is going to catch a lot of flak here I bet.

I agree plays might not need to be called so oten - did whoever was playing at least SEE how open Pierce got off a screen early in the video (Allen gets a little less open off another screen a few seconds later to drain a 3). I'm going to be thanking the A.I. for getting open so much more than I used to if that play was any indication.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 14

I thought that the speed of the Suns-Nuggets vid was a bit too fast, but this seems too slow for me. Also, is it just me, or did the speed of the ball after shots get slower too?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I like this speed better than that other NBA Jam nonsense shown the past few days

Did anyone notice Bynum (CPU) checking PP at the top of the key and then Kobe switching back on PP when they saw that PP wasn't going to attack the rim. Nice move CPU
Old 09-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie

I have to agree with you on this. Players have to cut hard and run to spots, not walk. The play ran for PP at the end was worthless. I would never use that. PP has to flash to that spot ans take the open J. Thats the one thing that stands out in Live 09 for me. In the Live demo when I run a play for "Kobe to get open" he cuts and runs hard to get open for the shot. It makes you want to run more plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »