Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Spurs vs. Rockets

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Spurs vs. Rockets within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K9: Spurs vs. Rockets Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Speed/tempo is much better. Kenny Smith's "Ohhh!" is still in the game.

Are there any stat overlays?

they still look to be tied in with the score overlay on the top of the screen? I saw a blocking foul being mentioned up there like last year.

but we do see a "info" overlay on the bottom of the screen when Parker is shooting the FT.. his school, years pro, etc...

there going in the right direction. but with the new TV presentation and cutscenes REAL stat overlays are a must.

That parker jumpshot looked amazing. look at his feet??

2k9 has so many animations its scary.

btw, steve what level is this? I saw a legitimate USER fastbreak. if this is on all pro or higher, id be ecstatic.

you can also see the CROWD being shut down and silenced? It's 100% possible to not have a huge "playoff" type atmosphere 24/7. making those moments that more exciting when they happen
Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #18
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks for the videos Steve, this was the best one yet. The speed looks good, if 50 doesn't feel right when I get my hands on it, 45 looks like a good spot.

I'm looking forward to learning how to pull off the array of new moves on the shotstick. Hopefully they learned from the past and put in a tutorial or manual for the new shots.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I call flop by Finley on the T-Mac drive at 1:05ish. Speed at 45 seems pretty good to me. This video looked the most natural out of all three. You gotta hit the open man off those screens though. The Parker drive and fall looked awesome. Just like a real game.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #20
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

It's weird.. The ref bounce passes on an inbound, but still chest passes on a free throw.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #21
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Man i can't wait for this game! Playing defense is going to be a lot of fun. Did you guys check out the off ball defense Artest was playing on Bowen? Finally the ability to deny guys like kobe and LBJ the rock!
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Looking nice on 45 speed, the game still shows some clunky ball handling animations at the top of the key, but otherwise, it's looking great.

Would like to see more of the Association, maybe a quick video showing the menus, or maybe screens.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

thx a bunch for the vids...Also if you do another one can you show the Jazz. Im interested to see in AK has a sig defensive style and how Deron Williams plays
Old 09-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
they still look to be tied in with the score overlay on the top of the screen? I saw a blocking foul being mentioned up there like last year.

but we do see a "info" overlay on the bottom of the screen when Parker is shooting the FT.. his school, years pro, etc...

there going in the right direction. but with the new TV presentation and cutscenes REAL stat overlays are a must.
TV style stat overlays during dead ball situations and during free throws have been already confirmed for this year during season mode. ie career avergaes, RPG, scoring averages etc.

One of the Devs. explained the details during the developer QA that 2ksports.com did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »