Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Create a Player

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Create a Player within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Create A Player 2k9 Vid

Yeah, the 3 body types thing has got to be a let down, especially when CHoops had many many more.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
BOOOO!!!!!

They didn't touch it did they? What a fricken shame. I was hoping that we were getting something worthwhile this year. But just the same damn CAP we have had for years.

No new body shapes (still 3)
No new facial hair (maybe beards?)
No new hair styles
No new accessories
No weight change
No new tendencies
No new player emotion packages

Frankly I am wondering what is "new" with this game. I really thought that they were going to listen to the multiple posts we have all posted on here about the customization of players.

The reason this is an important issue for me is because I often sim 10-15 years in the future before I start my franchise. I don't like playing with real NBA players. I like playing a fictional NBA with all CAPS and CPU generated players.

This took the air out of my sails. Really really disappointed.
First off, NO!!!!!
The body models may still be limited but look much more realistic this year, the normal body type is less bulky this year. No new hairstyles is sort of a bummer, but the new facial hair makes up for that. There were new accesories:double rubberbands, 2 different lengths of elbow bands, and more knee braces. The skin tones have DRASTICALLY improved also. Sorry for ranting, but I'm not done. The hair colors look much better this year, no more platinum blonde. And plus it looks like the seriously beefed up the post/dunk/sig shot packages for even more customization. They even have layup packages for gods sake.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 09-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #19
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

i dont think homeboy has said one good thing about 2k9...

i know whose not getting some cutty.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
First off, NO!!!!!
The body models may still be limited but look much more realistic this year, the normal body type is less bulky this year. No new hairstyles is sort of a bummer, but the new facial hair makes up for that. There were new accesories:double rubberbands, 2 different lengths of elbow bands, and more knee braces. The skin tones have DRASTICALLY improved also. Sorry for ranting, but I'm not done. The hair colors look much better this year, no more platinum blonde. And plus it looks like the seriously beefed up the post/dunk/sig shot packages for even more customization. They even have layup packages for gods sake.
Yeah I agree that the skin tones are much better but overall it is the same CAP as last year. I was hoping for a complete fundamental change to it, especially with the body types.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Man maybe it just doesn't take a lot to please me. When I saw that you could adjust one facial slider without another one going haywire I was in heaven. Do wish they added more hairstyles and body sizes though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #22
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Steve going all out lol
Old 09-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 41

It definitely looks better. Too bad there aren't more accessories, tattoos, facial hair (I like the one in MLB 08 where you can have 5 layers and facial hair color different than other hair color), and so on. VERY disappointing that they only have one generic shoe and only 3 manufacturers.

I also found it funny that "Noah" wasn't in the database. Every NBA player name (like Joakim Noah) should be selectable.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #24
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Well, it looks like created players will look more realistic than ever before. Not only that, but we'll also be able to deck the players in a ton of different looks and gear. Now, if they'd only fix the calf-sleeves and add an automated home & away (alternate) accessory system and it'd be perfect.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »