Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

Thank you Team HC!

Josh, are we able to now manually re-negotiate with our players and even ask them to take a pay cut? I tought I read that a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #18
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
  • Fixed the Bug that caused players to remain injured when you go into play creator.
  • Fixed the ability to call plays within the two minute drill.
  • Fixed the Brett Favre career stats issue.
  • Fixed the ability for us to change team philosophies in the roster update. If you have the previous roster update, you should see some major changes in ratings.
  • Fixed the bug that caused low rated players to ask for a very large deal when re-signing.
  • Fixed the Draft Day trading issue that allowed the user to force every team to trade their pick to another team.
  • Fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • Fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • Fixed fumbles. We put in a fix that should make these much more realistic.
  • Fixed CPU fatigue subbing. Running backs will now come out of the game more quickly and be replaced by their backup.
  • Fixed FG distance. Kickers will be able to kick longer FGs now.
  • Added the option to turn off CPU Downloaded Plays.
  • Fixed the bug that was causing RFAs to not show up after year 1.
  • Fixed the bug that wouldn't take a player's current salary into account when figuring out if you had enough cap room to re-sign him.
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!
A few other things we fixed:

* Players will no longer lose fatigue when you sit them out of practice (already mentioned in another post).

* Players will be automatically subbed back in during a game once they regain full fatigue.

* You can now view your next year salary cap penalty on the Salary Cap Status screen.

* You won't be able to trade away Training Camp invites until the regular season begins (after all of their grades are unlocked).
Old 09-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #19
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3
Re: Patch is Live and here's the change list...

Quote:
The patch will go into effect even if you're in the middle of a career.

I'd restart if you've lost games because of the 2 minute warning issue, had players be injured for years, etc.

Otherwise you should be fine.
The only other issue we've run into that might require a career restart is related to your current save file. If you crash right when you reach Training Camp or the Preseason, you'll probably need to restart. Hopefully this will be rare.

You might want to try simming to the preseason before continuing your career. If you make it through with no problems, you should be good to go.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #20
Pro

Re: Patch is Live and here's the change list...

Quote:
Yeah, you'll see a huge difference in fumbles, too. I played three games with LT and had one fumble.

Bekins did the 2 minute drill fix.

Staymates handled kick power and fumbles.
Thanks to Dan Bekins, Chris Staymates and Jeff Keyek.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

=] Awesome.

Ugh, 5 more hours of work. This is excruciating considering I have very little work to do but can't leave early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wonderful work guys, thanks a bunch for this. I know we all appreciate the work you put in. I have never enjoyed a sports game (of any genre) more than I am enjoying this one right now.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #23
Pro

I just had a run of 10 yards....I don't ever remember a gain that big before the patch. I'm crossing my fingers!

Gore gets hurt on his 4th carry. Foster comes in and on his 2nd carry scampers for a 44 yard touchdown...

Loving the Sub In coming up on the clipboard now. I've fumbled twice in two quarters one was legit and the other I got overturned.

Michael Robinson with a 59 yard counter play to the left for a touchdown! You can tell the difference in power on FGs now for sure. Janikowski missed a 43 yarder that hit the left goal post but that kick got up there in a hurry.

Last edited by JoeMimic; 09-23-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Josh,

Great work indeed to the three main guys Dan, Chris & Jeff. Superb work. Can't wait for the PS3 version.

One quick question, did you ever take a look at the defensive penalty ending a half bug? or did I get that in too late?

It's obviously not going to happen that often, but could be the difference between winning & losing a game.

Thanks again to all the team for the extra hard work, and a superbly designed game.

Kevin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »