Home

Baja: Edge of Control Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Baja: Edge of Control Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Baja: Edge of Control Gameplay Videos (IGN)

IGN has posted two new gameplay videos of Baja: Edge of Control.
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Baja: Edge of Control Gameplay Videos (IGN)

Give me this over Pure. Pure feels to much like SSX on ATVs for my taste. Baja looks a bit more realistic. Is there an in-car view though?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Give me this over Pure. Pure feels to much like SSX on ATVs for my taste. Baja looks a bit more realistic. Is there an in-car view though?
No in car view, but the game is lots of fun to play, if your into sim style off road racing. It's hard in a good way. Without going into it to far since no one has an interest in the game. I would give it no less then an 8, graphs are not the best but the gameplay more then make up for it.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
No in car view, but the game is lots of fun to play, if your into sim style off road racing. It's hard in a good way. Without going into it to far since no one has an interest in the game. I would give it no less then an 8, graphs are not the best but the gameplay more then make up for it.
From what I've seen I wouldn't lump it into the sim category. Reminds me alot of MX vs ATV Untamed trophy trucks. No in-car view? Fundamental to being a sim in the first place
Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, I saw some more screens and the most Ive seen is the hood view. How are the online options? It has been a while since I enjoyed a good off road game. Did not enjoy DiRT at all - strayed way to much from the CMR formula. Is this better/same/worse than DiRT's trucks?

Baja doesn't come off to me as the Forza of dirt but it does at least look to go where no game has gone in a good while. Might be worth looking into

Man, I was just cleaning out some boxes the other day and came across my old Rally Championship CD...ah, the hours of fun we had old friend...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Yeah, I saw some more screens and the most Ive seen is the hood view. How are the online options? It has been a while since I enjoyed a good off road game. Did not enjoy DiRT at all - strayed way to much from the CMR formula. Is this better/same/worse than DiRT's trucks?

Baja doesn't come off to me as the Forza of dirt but it does at least look to go where no game has gone in a good while. Might be worth looking into

Man, I was just cleaning out some boxes the other day and came across my old Rally Championship CD...ah, the hours of fun we had old friend...
Not sure if you've ever tried it but ORR 2 mod for rFactor is pretty fun and has a good feel to it. The guys that designed it tried to get it as close to the real deal for trophy trucks. Not a console game so it might not be what you want
Old 09-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Games like Motorstorm, PURE, GRID, Gran Turismo 5, etc have spoiled me when it comes to graphics. However, this looks interesting enough for me to drop the money to get it day one

I'm a sucker for racing games. I'm kind of worried though because one of the developers mentioned that they have some kind of "behind the scenes" programming to ensure you never experience what he calls "lonely racer syndrome". Sounds like rubber band AI to me. I mean he even said that there would always be a pack of cars around you regardless of if you're good or bad basically.

Also, since the graphics are somewhat weak I would HOPE that it runs at a smooth 60FPS. The vids sure don't but i'm hoping it is just the capture and not the game.

But, I really like the fact that you can wipe out and continue rolling down a cliff and the game doesn't reset you right away. You get to watch the whole wreck WOOHOO!

Hope its good!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 09-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
From what I've seen I wouldn't lump it into the sim category. Reminds me alot of MX vs ATV Untamed trophy trucks. No in-car view? Fundamental to being a sim in the first place
For you anyway, I do understand your point though. I can't image Madden in the first person, they tried it and it failed badly. Most people want to think of madden as a sim football game but first person would and did kill the game. So there are other views that qualify IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »