Home

NBA Live 09 Video: Bulls @ Heat (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Video: Bulls @ Heat (Pasta Padre) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 09 Video: Bulls @ Heat (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
-commentary has segments where nothing is said for 4-6 seconds. when an action does occur, the commentary is stellar. "when wade normally shoots its off the dribble" when he made the stand still jumper.. nice detailed comment.

-kirk posting up a big man making the shot? pick and roll to the basket over 3 defenders for the heat? I know the sliders work, so theres really no worry in single player. online though, its questionable.

-too many contested made shots it seems. i havent seen a miss and only a few fouls. but again, in the demo, i turned fouls up and saw almost TOO many at just 80%, so there will be some tuning to get the numbers right to the NBA stats. lives demographic wants those points, and i understand that.

-3:45 into the first vid is a nice pass sequence by the user, clean quick crisp pass gives wade an open jumper. the other game doesnt have any smoothness to it in many instances

-best of all i see the CPU running around screens and doing actual NBA stuff. for years it felt more like a pickup game, with their 10 man mocap on the fly style.
Yeah, like I said, Steve had some nice comments in the beginning of the 4th, but then it was as if he disappeared suddenly and just came back near the end.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

-hughes fadeaway long two contested late in the 1st qrt.
-another blount post move. is this the same scrub thats been with miami awhile? he's mirroring KG status

-i missed a heat steal. the cpu PG got picked and i guess got dazzed because he couldnt pick up the ball. led to a user fastbreak. decent alley oop animation. seemed to flow decently.

-3:40 into the 2nd vid, full court pass to wade almost gives them an easy layup

-3:45 into 2nd vid you have a screen and roll with BLOUNt who catches a bounce pass through 4 guys and goes up strong. This really seems too easy, much like a lead pass in the 2k series.

-banks blocked.. then hughes. hughes' animation looked quite terrible lol.. led to a nice fastbreak though with no cpu catchup logic.

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 09-30-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

almost exclusively in the middle to end of the 2nd vid were misses and some fouls.. great to see.. which will make slider changes even harder with this qrt to qrt inconsistencies.

I absolutely loved CPu larry hughes running to the corner after giving the ball up to kirk. and kirk penetrating and FINDING him.

it looks to play a decent game of basketball. imo where live 07 should be. but sometimes that sort of stuff happens

edit:

-3rd video is back to tons of makes. hughes and kirk making tough shots. heat cant make or do anything.. hot streaks and cold streaks in the game??/ apparently. blount with another screen and roll catch and dunk. then a post move by him.. not sure what to say. im left confused and neutral.

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 09-30-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

wow....looking at these videos it is apparent that it is WAAAAAAAAAAY too easy to score. nobody ever misses a shot...even contested off-balance leaners are going in from all over the court. they really need to lower the success rate of shots based on difficulty and how closely the shots are contested.

i like what live offers in terms of control and responsiveness, but they are still way behind in realism. it is still too "arcade." players are making circus shots all over the place and shooting percentages are like in the .80's. way too high.

defensive AI looks bad...the defense seems to have little awareness and lets passes whiz right by them without sticking a hand out to deflect the ball.

live is much better offensively, but defensively they are really lacking. they need to spend all of their time this year really working on the defense (defensive AI, awareness, control, responsiveness).

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-30-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

blues rocker, i feel the same way after dozens of demo games. in the paint defensive AI just wasnt where it should be. not picking up the open man or helping out on helpside defense.

RE the shot make success, sliders worked in the demo. percentages were down, fouls were up, unrealstic blocks were out. There is that HOPE, as always.

my only fear and i didnt touch up on this on the demo but the screen and roll success rate is 100 times too high. bounce passes going through and around 3 guys for a mark blount acrobatic post move. the question is , which slider helps with that? pass deflections raised?

I did like the fluidity of the passing and swinging the ball on the user end. tons of open shots... its the highly contested ones that get made more frequently.

EDIT: finally finished the last video... That last vid was the complete opposite.... nothing but misses.
-nice to see a stolen entry pass off the screen and roll
-but then a marion screen and roll is done with success through and over 3 other guys.
-marion is blocked like 3 times throughout the game. sliders will help this thankfully

final impression: sliders leave me highly optimisistic that this can be a fun and realistic game to play as a compliment to the other game

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 09-30-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im hoping the global editor helps some of those things across the board
Old 09-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 04:40 AM   #16
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Im hoping the global editor helps some of those things across the board
I am refusing to do any editing this year aside from the standard sliders...every year we've got guys on here posting their "hey, i fixed everything" posts in Jan...Feb...March...

Months wasted testing the thing. Fellas, save yourself the frustration this year and just play the best game...

I'm getting both games...best one of the box = I'm playing. Straight into a season and no looking back this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »