Home

NBA Live 09 Producer Blog

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Producer Blog within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13
NBA Live 09 Producer Blog

EA Sports have posted another NBA Live 09 Producer blog.

Quote:
"We were a little surprised when there was a BIG announcement from a competitor saying that they were going to have 'the human touch' - basically someone who will be updating the rosters, stats and ratings whenever it was felt it was meaningful to do so. There's just no way any one person, or even a team of people, could possibly keep up with the quality of data that Synergy are producing. It's one person with a pad and paper versus an entire team using the best technology ever created for this, no comparison. Needless to say, we were very confident that there was going to be nothing close to something that could compare in any meaningful way to Dynamic DNA."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / PSP

Last edited by Haval93; 10-01-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: New Producer Blog!!!

If it's as great as he says then there should be no reason for him to talk about another company.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Wow @ the thread about this being closed in the other forum lol...
Anyway, I agree mood....I also think the developer is right in that the Insider is going to have to come hard...
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 14

No doubt Dynamic DNA (and Live 365) as a system, for me anyway, surpasses 2k Insider. But as to how well it is translated on the court (gameplay) is a totally different story.

Gotta love the attitude of the producer though, being aggressive against competitors and all! This will only lead to better quality products in the future, as they try to one-up one another. And while EA or 2k may have the edge on any given year, we the gamers will always be winners.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

bottomline, tendencies in live change based on the past. in real life, you CHANGE BASED ON YOUR current OPPONENT and its weaknesses. i hope they dont devle too deep with this system. they need to have implement player tendencies with current opponents, based on past opponents with similiar styles and personel

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 10-01-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #6
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Sean O'Brien needs to show some class and keep the other games out of his mouth. Live hasn't given basketball fans a good game in a long time, meanwhile the devs of the hockey teams at EA are knocking it out of the park, and even Madden is seeing early patches and some real care. I hear that Fifa is excellent, and with Skate being awesome, Live is pretty much the worst thing EA Sports is putting out if you don't count their awful, awful, awful college game. They took a few steps towards a playable game this year and now they're talking **** about one of the best sports games out, regarding a feature that doesn't even affect franchise play.

If Rob Jones put out a blog talking smack about all of the things 2k does better than Live, we'd all be playing 2k11 by the time he finished typing. "If it's in the game..." you should compete in the game, and not on blogs. How about fixing that rebounding, passing, defense, shooting and loose balls. It's pitiful watching this guy talk about 2k when his franchise just got pulled off of the "too broken to play" list.

Live has taken some nice steps, but they take steps backward when people like this take EA back to their reputation of hype over quality gaming.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wow @ the thread about this being closed in the other forum lol...
Anyway, I agree mood....I also think the developer is right in that the Insider is going to have to come hard...

Yeah WOW

OMG

No they didnt

lol

closing a Live blog thread in the 2k forums

Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #8
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Sean O'Brien needs to show some class and keep the other games out of his mouth. Live hasn't given basketball fans a good game in a long time, meanwhile the devs of the hockey teams at EA are knocking it out of the park, and even Madden is seeing early patches and some real care. I hear that Fifa is excellent, and with Skate being awesome, Live is pretty much the worst thing EA Sports is putting out if you don't count their awful, awful, awful college game. They took a few steps towards a playable game this year and now they're talking **** about one of the best sports games out, regarding a feature that doesn't even affect franchise play.

If Rob Jones put out a blog talking smack about all of the things 2k does better than Live, we'd all be playing 2k11 by the time he finished typing. "If it's in the game..." you should compete in the game, and not on blogs. How about fixing that rebounding, passing, defense, shooting and loose balls. It's pitiful watching this guy talk about 2k when his franchise just got pulled off of the "too broken to play" list.

Live has taken some nice steps, but they take steps backward when people like this take EA back to their reputation of hype over quality gaming.
Heheh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »