Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #17
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
There is a demo "tweak" that will let you change the amount of time on the demo to whatever you want.
That's probably for the PC version though. Correct?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yep, I'm playing with 25 minute games, the Champions League Finale Ball (Moscow), and the chant pack. This game is incredible
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #19
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I wish I could get it on the PC but I dont have a strong enough laptop or pc I know this is small but I wish Konami could fix those Mickey Mouse goalkeeper gloves they look really silly lol. I know I saw someone mod Nike Gk gloves on last years version.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm still new to soccer games and I can only go off from what I have played. This game reminds me of a last gen game, the players look like cartoon characters compared to player models of FIFA.

Gameplay reminded me of RTWC 06, nothing impressive. The only thing that vaguely impressed me was the way the players trap the ball, wish FIFA would incorporate this. Other than that, I could not see why anyone would actually chose PES 09 over FIFA 09. I am not fan of EA by any means, but I beleive they have the edge in soccer games...
Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #21
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

It is a tough choice this year. Go with an uglier game that seems to be more solidly grounded in the fundamentals or go for the glitz and glamor and hope the ai doesn't start to fall apart at the seams in a week or two.

Last edited by lnin0; 10-03-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiketsu
I came away very impressed with the FIFA 09's feature set, improved gameplay, and animations - so initially, the PES demo felt underwhelming.

3 games into the PES demo, I realized I was having a lot more fun with this than FIFA. When I score a goal in PES I still want to get up and dance, but for some reason that sentiment isn't shared when it comes FIFA. Anybody else feel that way? Perhaps I haven't given FIFA enough of a chance, but it's difficult to get into with 2 minute halfs.

Despite the jerky animations(at least in comparison to FIFA,) PES's animation has still improved - just not as much as I hoped. The most noticeable change, though, is the AI. As mentioned earlier by another poster, it really feels as if players are promptly moving into positions they ought to be in.

I absolutely despise the net in Fifa. When you score it's like hitting a wall, absolutely no give.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #23
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

this would have been a good game 3 years ago, but w/ the advancements that fifa has made, pes really needed to make a truly next-gen title. imo they have not. the graphics are cartoonish & more importantly, the controls are very clunky- not upgrading the 8 direction movement is dissapointing.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

After reading this thread I thought I'd be horribly disappointed. But I'm actually really happy with the upgrades they've made this year to the PC version.

I love the look of the menus and the pace is MUCH improved. Also the AI was playing REALLY WELL in my short time playing. And by AI I mean CPU and User-team AI. Players on my team were actually trying to cut into passing lanes and were chasing loose balls instead of standing around watching the other team run around. And the CPU did a much better job of staying disciplined and cutting off runs without resorting to becoming superhuman defenders.

Compared to the FIFA 09 demo for PS3, I must say I'm liking the PES 2009 for PC ALOT more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »