Home

NBA 2K9 Trailer: Living Rosters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Trailer: Living Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Living Roster Trailer (Sorry If Posted)

Nice. For those who dont wanna click the link NBA 2K9 Living Rosters Trailer - 2K Sports
Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Living Roster Trailer (Sorry If Posted)

man, with the shoe glitch fixed and this... this must be the greatest basketball game ever!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #11
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
This just seems like such a rushed, poor mans Live 365 that I can't even get excited about it.

I GUARANTEE that the added animations are no big deal, and 90% of us won't even notice them when they're added.

It all sounds like a PR campaign to combat Live365.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K9 Trailer: Living Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
This just seems like such a rushed, poor mans Live 365 that I can't even get excited about it.

I GUARANTEE that the added animations are no big deal, and 90% of us won't even notice them when they're added.

I can't believe people are this naive. Do you have any idea how long it takes for these things to be designed, coded, and implemented into games? BOTH companies had this roster update stuff in their design docs a long long time ago. Now, there may have been leaked information early on in development on one side or the other, but just because Live announced theirs first means nothing. If you didn't notice, Live announced EVERYTHING much earlier. Does that mean 2k didn't even have a game at that point? Obviously not.

Designing games is real business people, adult stuff. None of this happens over night.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

so you trust EA over 2k? EA is a gimmick company. at least 2k listens to their fans and takes it all to heart by addressing all the issues we complain about. maybe 2k copied/stole it from EA but at least we have a higher chance of trusting 2k on their gimmicks to actually work and be useful i dunno. EA just looks for a gimmick each year and markets everything behind it trying to sell to the masses instead of actually listening to us. how credible is this live DNA thing especially after years of poor sports games?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:19 AM   #14
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
great info. lets see how well it works though
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzta21
so you trust EA over 2k? EA is a gimmick company. at least 2k listens to their fans and takes it all to heart by addressing all the issues we complain about. maybe 2k copied/stole it from EA but at least we have a higher chance of trusting 2k on their gimmicks to actually work and be useful i dunno. EA just looks for a gimmick each year and markets everything behind it trying to sell to the masses instead of actually listening to us. how credible is this live DNA thing especially after years of poor sports games?
I heard that live09 is already haveing dirty disk problems. Ea's disk's and the xbox360 can never get along it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
At least living rosters is free!

although I like the NBA rewind feature on live

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »