Home

NBA Live 09 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live 09 Review

We have posted our review of NBA Live 09.

Quote:
"At one time, NBA Live was the king of basketball games. Not only was the game the best around quality-wise, but it also sold in large numbers to anxious fans nationwide.

As of late, the Live series has fallen on hard times. The game still sells well, but the first two editions on next-gen consoles were atrocious. NBA Live 08 began to bring the series out of the gutter, but there was still plenty of work to do. Enter NBA Live 09."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
JDK
Rookie

OVR: 3
Great Review.
I think next year live should think about revamping the entire game. The graphical style seems a bit unrealistic, surreal even. Many of the players look angry all the time and the stadium lighting is off. I played the demo and I agree with everything the review said here.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 16
Thanks for the review guys!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Im seriously considering returning this piece of s h i t game called 2K9 and getting nba live,all it does is freeze for me and the cpu makes almost every single shot;even jumpshot with Kendrick Perkins it a joke
Old 10-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 09 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-State Killa
Im seriously considering returning this piece of s h i t game called 2K9 and getting nba live,all it does is freeze for me and the cpu makes almost every single shot;even jumpshot with Kendrick Perkins it a joke
So far I've only played the demo for Live and 2K, but 2K feels like the same old game and it just bores me to tears. After playing nothing but 2K basketball since the Dreamcast I purchased Live this year after the demo impressed me. I can't wait to finish my work tonight and play a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16
^ Play defense. You can't leave people open because, just like in the NBA everyone can shoot. If you are looking for an arcade game that will be easier to play at first, and not as much fun later, then get Live. If you want a game that will be tough to play for the first few games, then exponentially better later, get 2k9. Either that or try turning the difficulty down until you start to master the controls. I wouldn't advise getting Live because 2k9 freezes, I have had more problem with EA games freezing and making my xbox LOUD than any other games. What console do you play on that it keeps freezing?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I think a lot of EA's issues go back to the game engines they develop. 2K's seem to have better movement and place more emphasis on details like jersey numbers on bench play uniforms, or players stepping up on the sideline as a back breaks one down the line for a touchdown. Even comparing NHL 09 to 2K9 it is clear that 2K9 has the ability to show players line changing and the devs thought enough to include board play and early stick movement on face offs. EA puts too many resources into a few aspects of the game to the detriment of the total experience.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
^ Play defense. You can't leave people open because, just like in the NBA everyone can shoot. If you are looking for an arcade game that will be easier to play at first, and not as much fun later, then get Live. If you want a game that will be tough to play for the first few games, then exponentially better later, get 2k9. Either that or try turning the difficulty down until you start to master the controls. I wouldn't advise getting Live because 2k9 freezes, I have had more problem with EA games freezing and making my xbox LOUD than any other games. What console do you play on that it keeps freezing?
You dont understand the cpu will just bury 3s in your face;even if you leave guys that cant shoot open like Kendrick Perkins they make it.Im talking about 2K9.

Also It freezes constantly,wtf did I waste my money on a game I cant even play online cause of freezing issues;So frustrated.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »