Home

NBA Live 09 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:31 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 22
hey Dave374 , anyone who is a Live fan after all these pathetic years , and this year´s mediocre game is a fanboy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #26
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 09 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Anyone who grades this game below an 8.0 is A) A 2k fanboy; B) Never actually played the game itself or didn't play it enough; C) Chased one too many tornadoes and suffered multiple concussions while doing so.
I'd give it 7...max...and I've bought every EA Sports basketball game released.

Facts are, there's tonnes of flaws in this game that have been there for ages...

Geez, I've bought all their next gen NBA games...and I can't believe you can still go from standing still to dunking in a single motion...rebounding is still appalling bad...animations don't link...there's crap everywhere that should have been removed by now.

7ish is generous after four attempts to get it right...and still miss in so many areas.

Time to just give this thing a year off and come back with a new engine...
Old 10-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9
NBA JIVE!!!???!!!....Puuuhhh-Lease!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Statuto
I have NBA 2K9, and since there isn't a comment board for me to preach about how great this game is, I'll do it here. NBA Live 09 is a joke, and to quote cdiddy, I don't know anyone who would enjoy playin nba live except maybe my girlfriend nephews. NBA Live is joke. To be fair2k is tough as **** right now. I'm gettin blown out every game!!! On starter, im not complaining, the computer is making the right plays, the right people are takin the right shots. I'm trying to adjust and get a feel for the post game, something im tryna add to my game before I go online. The practice feature for 2k is amazing as well. The practice mode is where I spend about 95% of my time when playing 2k, like im really in the preason, for once inna sports game, the practice mode, actually has you practicing. I love 2k9, so for all you suckers whining about how you think 2k sucks, get a copy of live and then see if in 1 week your not ready to break that ****, live is crap and even though its better than last years live, its still not better than any nba 2k i have ever played. live is about gimmicks. Lastly, I sed this before and I'll say it again, Playing live is a lot like an ameteur athelete tryna get it right(think d-league) and NBA 2k is the professional that doesn't get it wrong (think the NBA).
I couldnt agree more, NBA 2k9 is challenging I bairely beat the knicks using my Nuggets and got beat down by the Blazers, (superstar setting) you just gotta learn how to play real basketball to win in 2k9, anybody who can honestly say that NBA Live is better than 2k is in just plain denial or just Loves EA cause there is no comparison I actually think that the rating given was a little to high LIve is pure trash.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #29
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bring back nfl2k
I couldnt agree more, NBA 2k9 is challenging I bairely beat the knicks using my Nuggets and got beat down by the Blazers, (superstar setting) you just gotta learn how to play real basketball to win in 2k9, anybody who can honestly say that NBA Live is better than 2k is in just plain denial or just Loves EA cause there is no comparison I actually think that the rating given was a little to high LIve is pure trash.
Since that is your opinion about this game, we won't be seeing you in this thread anymore? Right? Thanks, Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Since that is your opinion about this game, we won't be seeing you in this thread anymore? Right? Thanks, Brian
For real do you really think that live is in the same league as 2k this year?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 16
No 2k9 review yet, he is trying to save people $60, seems pretty reasonable for him to post here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
hey Dave374 , anyone who is a Live fan after all these pathetic years , and this year´s mediocre game is a fanboy.
I haven't been a Live fan for years.
I played 2k6, 2k7 and 2k8. I didn't even touch Live until 08 - and only because I got it free. Even then, I only played it four or five times.
IMO, Live 09 is a breakthrough game for them.
Is it better than 2k9? Haven't played 2k9 yet, couldn't say.

Why 2k fans - who haven't even played Live 09 - are trolling this forum is beyond me.
I don't know about you, but I want both games to be great.
Competition is good.
It made the NHL series better, it lit a fire under Live's ***, improved Fifa.
God only knows how good video football games would be if 2k never got killed off.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »