Home

Baja: Edge of Control Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Baja: Edge of Control Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Baja: Edge of Control Gameplay Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
For you anyway, I do understand your point though. I can't image Madden in the first person, they tried it and it failed badly. Most people want to think of madden as a sim football game but first person would and did kill the game. So there are other views that qualify IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UEQZ42MlE

Seems like arcade to me

Madden doesnt compare to a race game with first-person cameras. Madden you play with 11 on the field, racing its just you and the car. I dont see the relation between the two?

Last edited by av7; 09-28-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

From the videos it looks more realistic than Pure but the gravity is defiantly off for a sim.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #11
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

I've played it, and it's somewhere between a sim and arcade. It has a good degree of difficulty and a handling model that points it more towards the sim end of the scale, yet some things like the physics knock it down a bit.

There is definitely some rubber-band logic for the AI, at least as far as the circuit racing goes, but not so much for the rally and baja style racing. The courses are the environments are pretty nice, and as far as I'm concerned the graphics are just fine. There's no in-car camera, but there is a hood and what is kind of a bumper cam, ala Forza 2.

Overall it's a really good game, surprisingly so IMO. If something like Pure isn't your bag, then Baja will scratch your itch for off-road racing. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
No in car view, but the game is lots of fun to play, if your into sim style off road racing. It's hard in a good way. Without going into it to far since no one has an interest in the game. I would give it no less then an 8, graphs are not the best but the gameplay more then make up for it.
i'm interested-my hesitation is with the less than favorable reviews/and from the videos the gravity physics look very arcadish. not sure if that's my bag if that's the case.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

Gamefly sent this game to me last week.

I didn't like it much. It was just ok. Not bad but not great. It's average.

I've already sent it back.

I like dirt way better than this especially once I got my wheel dialed in.

Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
Gamefly sent this game to me last week.

I didn't like it much. It was just ok. Not bad but not great. It's average.

I've already sent it back.

I like dirt way better than this especially once I got my wheel dialed in.

Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong.
Nice screen name

Seriously man, you should have kept it longer IMO. Because, this games needs time. And LOTS of it! After the first SEVERAL races the game STARTS to shine. Then, even later in the game, it gets AWESOME! Like a completely different game! I really wish the developers had made this game where you would SEE just how good the game is and what it has to offer early on because I see too many folks dropping out too soon because of how the game plays at the beginning stages.

I say, if you really are into off road racing anyways, get it again and spend a LOT of time with it. It does pay off later (much later in a way) and it went from being a game I though for SURE I wouldn't keep to a game i'll keep for a VERY long time!

It is in no way perfect. It has a lot of issues and I REALLY hope the developers get another chance at it for a sequel because, IMO, they have a great foundation for the next version.

It's one of my favorite racing games. And I too LOVE Dirt.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."

Last edited by ofdman; 10-06-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spellling
Old 10-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

Based on your feedback I will pick up a copy of this game again when the price goes down in a couple months.

I'm not ready to spend 60 bucks on it but I will give it another chance for say 19.99 or 24.99.

Way too many games coming out around this time of year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
Based on your feedback I will pick up a copy of this game again when the price goes down in a couple months.

I'm not ready to spend 60 bucks on it but I will give it another chance for say 19.99 or 24.99.

Way too many games coming out around this time of year
The reason I said "nice screen name" is because on almost every other forum out there my name is zilla and I forgot that on this board it isn't. Probably wondered what the heck I was talking about LOL!

Yeah, WAY too many games coming out!! I am glad my birthday is Monday! I told everyone to give me either Best Buy or Gamestop gift cards

But yes, if you think about it down the "road" give it another chance. I REALLY didn't like it at ALL for the first few days but after I got used to it and moved up it became SOOOO much better!

Good attitude BTW! Nice to see this for a change.

I sure hope I clean up with the gift cards. I have a VERY long list of upcoming games.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."

Last edited by ofdman; 10-10-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: forgot something

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »