Home

First Video Featuring NCAA Basketball 09

This is a discussion on First Video Featuring NCAA Basketball 09 within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
Rookie

Jethown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIRST Video of NCAA Basketball 09

I wasn't expecting much, but I was really impressed by the video. This game may actually be pretty good...

...although, EA's trailers usually look 95420439035 better than the actual game is.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
D*st*ny

HiJumpr111's Arena

OVR: 19

Wow! I can't believe how amazingly authentic this game looks in just this short preview.

For the brief time I saw Indiana University in the video, I honestly recognized none of their players!

Last edited by HiJumpr111; 10-14-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #11
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

It looks good. As does nearly all of EA trailers for their sports games.

The big question is....will it play as good as the trailer looks?

I'll check out the demo and take it from there.

Thanks for posting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #12
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16
Icon10 Re: FIRST Video of NCAA Basketball 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJumpr111
Wow! I can't belive how amazingly authentic this game looks in just this short preview.

For the brief time I saw Indiana University in the video, I honestly recognized none of their players!
Golly, you are right! This is sub-par compared to all those other college sports games that make player appearances identical to their real life counterparts.

EA should add in some kind of "edit player" feature where you can change each guy's appearance yourself since they're obviously too lazy and too unwilling to break the NCAA regulated ban against it!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: First Video Featuring NCAA Basketball 09

Well, while game companies can't make players look exactly like the real life counterpart they can get their accessories, skin tone, hair, etc down pat. That is something CHoops did very well for years. Even as far back CH2K5, that had a great looking JJ Reddick and Taylor Coppenrath OOB.

The accessories I don't really care about as much, but editing a ton of players' skin tones is going to be tedious. Hopefully the editor is as improved as they claim.

Anyway, the vid looked good, hopefully there's more media in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJumpr111
Wow! I can't belive how amazingly authentic this game looks in just this short preview.

And as for that, does IU even have a a full roster yet since everyone left or got kicked out? LOL, probably can't blame EA for that.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 10-14-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Well, while game companies can't make players look exactly like the real life counterpart they can get their accessories, skin tone, hair, etc down pat. That is something CHoops did very well for years. Even as far back CH2K5, that had a great looking JJ Reddick and Taylor Coppenrath OOB.

The accessories I don't really care about as much, but editing a ton of players' skin tones is going to be tedious. Hopefully the editor is as improved as they claim.

Anyway, the vid looked good, hopefully there's more media in the near future.
No they didn't! I've done 2k rosters since the first game, and there were many teams that had players the wrong race, hairstyles etc.

Only teams that are mostly accurate are Big12, ACC, Pac 10, and about 4 other major conferences. All the rest were just thrown together with the correct heights and weights etc....but a lot of their appearances were way off.

And they have never added tattoos already on the players and sometimes even the accessories wouldn't be added. With an exception to the occasional elbow pad and head band. And that's pretty much where it stop. Those were always added by us!
Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #15
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
No they didn't! I've done 2k rosters since the first game, and there were many teams that had players the wrong race, hairstyles etc.

Only teams that are mostly accurate are Big12, ACC, Pac 10, and about 4 other major conferences. All the rest were just thrown together with the correct heights and weights etc....but a lot of their appearances were way off.
Having the high-majors accurate is a lot better than having nothing, can't blame any company if they "only" accomplish that since a majority of the people who buy the game are never going to use Central CT State and the like.

2K was never perfect obviously, but it was impressive.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Did you even play March Madness 08. Their appearances for those teams were damn near perfect every team, even the classic teams and they had around 30 of those or more. Come on bruh, you looking at some beta screens for a game that comes out in December and making judgment.
Yes, you've asked me if I've played MM08 above fifty times. I still own and played it a ton. The appearances were awful in that game. How can you even mention the classic teams? All-Time UConn did not have one real player on it. None of the numbers, height/weight or appearances matched a single UConn alum. The current team was just as awful, I had to make changes to every single player on the team. They had Jeff Adrien as a friggen small forward even though he's a brusing PF who never leaves the paint and is an All Big-East player.

I don't hate EA, I've said on here countless times that I'm extremely excited for NCAA 09. Every time someone has something negative to say about this series you go off on the same old tangent about the person hating and being petty regardless of how valid their concerns are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »