Home

Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 14
Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

Madden Planet has the scoop.

Quote:
"Update #3? At this point, we are not planning to release another update. We will continue to listen to our fans and if any other widespread issues come up we may change this plan but the fixes made in update #2 solved all of the major problems people were experiencing with the game. Those that continued to have problems had success after completely wiping their old Madden data from their hard drive.

DLC? Shortly before the release of Madden NFL 09, we had mentioned that we were looking into the possibility of releasing some post-launch DLC. At this point, DLC isn’t in the cards. Providing DLC is something that will stay on our radar down the road and is certainly something we’d love to provide to our most passionate fans, however at this stage we are no longer actively looking into this for 09."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Madden update information

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
This comes from Phil Frazier, no 3rd patch or DLC...

http://www.madden04.com/maddenplanet...24278816.shtml
Pretty much what I expected, and to be honest I'd rather see them focus on 2010 version at this point anyway. No great alterations were going to happen for 09' anyway, so hopefully EA gets the important stuff right for 2010 (franchise, franchise, franchise ....)

Having said that, Madden has continued to lose my interest each year over the next-gen series and next year will be the breaking point for me. If it's leaps and bounds better than 09', I'm all in! If it's the same old, same old with a few more "new" options I'm done. Needless to say I won't be at the head of the line to purchase early. I'll wait for this trusty old forum to post early feedback and base my decision off of that. Might just be that I'm getting older and video games just don't do it for me anymore, but I would love to have that feeling of not being able to wait for my next game again .... it's been awhile for that?

For the rest of this year I will continue on with IQ testing/franchises ... I'm still having some reasonable fun with that, and if it keeps getting better like some have stated, I'll continue to play on throughout the NFL season.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Go STEELERS!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Andy beat me to it.

For those that don't click through the link, here's the story.

Two Months and Counting…

It’s been two months since Madden was released and what a ride it’s been. Overall, the feedback on 09 has been tremendous and we appreciate all of the thought provided to us via the forums. It really has been a pleasure chatting with our most important fans.

It’s been a few weeks since the very important update #2 was released. The majority of people having freezing issues before the update seem to have solved the problem simply by downloading the update and clearing the Madden data from their drive. This update fixed many issues and the great news is that the community helped shape the improvements that were made. Changes like increasing the time AI QB’s make before snapping the ball came straight from your feedback and ultimately helped improve the game.

There has been some discussion on whether or not we plan to do a third update or DLC. I’d like to provide an update on both.

Update #3? At this point, we are not planning to release another update. We will continue to listen to our fans and if any other widespread issues come up we may change this plan but the fixes made in update #2 solved all of the major problems people were experiencing with the game. Those that continued to have problems had success after completely wiping their old Madden data from their hard drive.

DLC? Shortly before the release of Madden NFL 09, we had mentioned that we were looking into the possibility of releasing some post-launch DLC. At this point, DLC isn’t in the cards. Providing DLC is something that will stay on our radar down the road and is certainly something we’d love to provide to our most passionate fans, however at this stage we are no longer actively looking into this for 09.

As you all probably noticed this morning, we released our 8th roster update of the season. After some early issues in getting these released before the weekend, we’ve made a pretty big effort in improving our process to get these to you by Friday. We’ll continue to provide these updates weekly through the season and do appreciate your feedback on the ratings and depth chart information. That information definitely makes it to our roster team.

Some of you also probably noticed a new feature in the game recently. About a week ago, we launched a test tournament that allows the entire online community to compete to win prizes. As of a few days ago, more than 85 thousand fans registered for the test tournament and many of the top players have played close to or more than 100 games that apply to the tournament. Expect a more high profile tournament soon, probably around Halloween.

As mentioned before, the feedback on 09 has been great- so thanks and keep it coming! We are VERY aware of the desires of the community, and we keep a running list of ‘demands’ that we continuously evaluate. Many of these WILL be added to the next iteration of the game. We’re looking to provide information on the next version of the game earlier than ever so look forward to the end of the NFL season. We’re hoping to start some more detailed conversations and early looks at the game around the Super Bowl. Until then, keep giving us your feedback so we can fold it into our plan for next year.

Phil
Old 10-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Any explanation as to why no DLC? Other than, we already have your money?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Any explanation as to why no DLC? Other than, we already have your money?
Does it matter if it was a Sony/MS decision or an EA decision at this point, besides the answer you mentioned? I wouldn't blame EA yet without knowing all the facts.

For me, it doesn't matter, I'll just practice more patience in buying or renting Madden 10. If it's much better, I'll buy, but 09 is now over with, sadly.

I'll still get some more usage out of My Skills, but EA really needs to draw me in next year with franchise and presentation.

Last edited by roadman; 10-17-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the **** is going to hit the fan in 5....4....3....2....1....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze
As mentioned before, the feedback on 09 has been great
stopped reading here.

the feedback hasn't been "great", it's been horrible! i'm so glad i gave up on this game 2 months ago. i feel bad for the ppl that have been waiting for DLC only to hear this today.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wouldn't blame EA yet without knowing all the facts.
Trust me...if it was a Sony or MS decision, EA would've mentioned it. I know the company that deserves the blame here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »