Home

Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden update information

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
stopped reading here.

the feedback hasn't been "great", it's been horrible! i'm so glad i gave up on this game 2 months ago. i feel bad for the ppl that have been waiting for DLC only to hear this today.
I think he means that its great because they are getting "valuable input" so to speak and not necessarily positive. In reading his whole post, thats how I took that phrase.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Trust me...if it was a Sony or MS decision, EA would've mentioned it. I know the company that deserves the blame here.
I don't see why one company would blame another company in public except only to deflect the blame.

To me, it's really a mute point either way.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #11
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
stopped reading here.

the feedback hasn't been "great", it's been horrible! i'm so glad i gave up on this game 2 months ago. i feel bad for the ppl that have been waiting for DLC only to hear this today.
At least you stopped near the end.

To provide some context on the 'great feedback' element of my note. I'm not saying that all feedback was positive. I'm simply saying that all of the feedback, positive and negative, has been great. Great in that it helps shape next year's version of the game.

Phil
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #12
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I think he means that its great because they are getting "valuable input" so to speak and not necessarily positive. In reading his whole post, thats how I took that phrase.
I am sure he means that... Even the negative feedback is positive if leads to improvements on next years game...
Old 10-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze
At least you stopped near the end.

To provide some context on the 'great feedback' element of my note. I'm not saying that all feedback was positive. I'm simply saying that all of the feedback, positive and negative, has been great. Great in that it helps shape next year's version of the game.

Phil
Phil, I have to ask, WHY was the DLC scrapped, as we wre told by Ian over a month ago that the DLC was basically FINISHED. Why the sudden change of direction, except that you already made your money this year?

This astounds me, really, as there were MANY MANY people relying on the DLC to make their purchase of Madden this year even decently playable!! This really doesn't say much for the "new" dev teams dedication to its fans, IMO....seems like the same crap as the last 3 years....
Old 10-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

Pretty much what I figured. This is the first year since madden came out on the Commodore 64 that I traded it in before the next release came out. Its sad the I have a 5 year old game on a tenth of the system that represents REAL FOOTBALL better than Madden 09. Honestly there is no other way of saying it but Madden has become a joke, and the reason being is no competition, next year big "feature" "CPU sliders you guys asked for them and here they are"! NBA live NHL all have turned 180degrees because of COMPETITION, but madden nope no rival so lets take the same piece of cr@p put a few useless features on it and a new cover athlete and sell millions. Sorry guys (Ian and Phil and anyone else involved with madden) But you guys meaning the game has become a laughing stock great job. You can count me as another one who wont by into the hype and do a midnight release! But I guess its all good cause your the only NFL game in town and sell millions so keep up the good work
Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #15
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Sounds like the bait and switch tactic used to dupe customers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16

Good.

I'd rather them focus on on 2010. They never said we would get DLC anyway...remember that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »