Home

FIFA Soccer 09 Review

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 09 Review within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA Soccer 09 Review

We have posted our review of FIFA Soccer 09.

Quote:
"The depth and variety of game modes is where FIFA 09 really shines. Returning is the tournament mode, where you can either control up to four clubs in a premier league, or if you want a challenge, play in the lower divisions and try to work your way up the tables. Creating your own tournament as well is still an option; unfortunately, you still can’t hand pick the teams you want in the tournament and that hurts the non-PES soccer gamers looking to create their own UEFA Champions League."

Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Cool! I am not a huge fan of soccer but I haven't purchased a soccer game in YEARS and have been wanting to for awhile and I think I just may have to pick this up along with NHL 09-another sport I haven't purchased in years. NHL 09 and FIFA 09 should be a lot of fun this time around! Thanks for the review!
Old 10-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO WIN ME OVER WITH ITS SPORTS TITLES BUT I MIGHT JUST GIVW THIS 1 A TRY
Old 10-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
This game is one of the best EA titles along with NHL 09. The Be A Pro:Seasons has to be the most enjoyable game mode in the game. I do think the prices for the Live season are a bit high though. All around I would have to give this game a 8.75 with the only big flaw is the bad A.I. with Be A Pro when they just foul way to much and get carded which happens 2 out of the 3 times there is a foul.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Great review, but I disagree with your comments about defense. I think this is one of the strengths of FIFA 09, as your backs tend to defend as a unit, and realistically react to the flow of the game. Star backs like vidic and ferdinand shine as well, with a real difference between them and lower league generics. This is particularly true when compared to PES defense over the last few years (which you may be more used to, as I was) which has individual defenders taking bad angles, running out of position, and doesn't adequately reward size and strength.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
a fair review.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18
Good review. However, the following is simply not true:

Quote:
Creating your own tournament as well is still an option; unfortunately, you still can’t hand pick the teams you want in the tournament and that hurts the non-PES soccer gamers looking to create their own UEFA Champions League.
When creating a custom tournament, you can indeed hand pick every team.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #8
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA Soccer 09 Review

Odd review. Why aren't the major Manager Mode issues touched upon? That tiny little blurb is hardly enough information regarding the mode. No wonder EA doesn't fix these issues year after year. No one calls them out on it. Fifa-Blog did the same thing. You should re-write the review to include these issues, do you even know what they are?

As mentioned above, the tourney team selection is absolutely false. I created a pseudo World Cup last night and picked every team myself.

Also not sure about zero offensive ambition on PRO level. One major issue with the game is the pacing. It is way to fast and unrealistic. Teams can't wait to get to your goal. There is no build up at all, it is rush, rush, rush. With the tactics, at least teams get there in different ways (short passing, wings, long balls over the top), but they still get there way to fast. I wish they would slow down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »