Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Announcement

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Announcement within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
NCAA Basketball 09 Announcement

Fellas,

Great News:
1.) We have officially moved our ship date in to Nov. 17th. We had hoped all along to get the game out before Thanksgiving, and at a date more in line with the start of the season, but were hesitant to lock it down before we were 100% sure it could be done. We’ve done it, and are happy to let you guys know first. We’ll be spreading the word to retailers and gaming press shortly.
2.) As you can seen, much of your feedback from the community day has been met. We want this to be an ongoing process with not just the community leaders, but all of you, as we work to make this franchise the best it can be.
3.) Our marketing campaign is set to kick into full gear later this week with the launch of our website, and soon a all-new promotion letting you the fan vote for the official “Toughest Place to Play in America” award, to be given out on yearly basis, starting this year.

Not so great news:
1.) Giving the timing of when we received the data, we were not able to get “real schedules” into the finished product. We know this is not what we promised during the community day, and we are sorry we let you guys down on that one. However, we know how important it is to have these schedules in the game, so we will be providing the real schedules as a free update shortly after launch. Given our accelerated ship date, we can’t guarantee it will be there week 1, but we’ll push to get it up asap.

We want to make this the best College Basketball game possible, and we can’t do it without you guys. Keep pushing us to do our best, the feedback is more than welcome. And stay tuned – we’ve got lots of updates and content to come over the next several weeks leading to launch including a great demo for both PS3 and XBOX 360; probably the deepest demo we’ve ever created for basketball. Look for it the week before launch, we think you are going to like it.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Announcement

The release date bump is awesome, I'll have to reserve my copy when I pick up 2K9 on the PC this week.

Real schedules aren't the end of the world to me, esp since they only matter for the first season of a legacy. If we get them a few weeks in through an update it's basically a non-issue. Can you at least edit your own schedule before the season or are you stuck with a CPU generated one?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

I am looking forward to the final product, big time.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Gotta say I am looking forward to this one as well. I for one am ok with them patching the real schedule thing after the fact. Since they are moving up the release date, we'll get the patch close to the original launch date anyhow. I never start a dynasty on day one anyway... No harm; no foul ! (and no pun intended)
Old 10-22-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Indeed, especially since we need time to do the rosters and create sliders.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

I am happy that you guys have acknowledged about the schedules and will have a update for it at some point.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 10-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Will ability to use named rosters online make the cut? Pretty please!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

Great news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »