Home

Competition: Win MotoGP 08

This is a discussion on Competition: Win MotoGP 08 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Competition: Win MotoGP 08

Moto GP has always been a huge question mark for me, as I knew very little about it, but heard so many great things from the racing community. This year I made the trip up to Indy to see it in real life for the first time, and needless to say, I have been hooked ever since then. Prior to this, I had played alot of motor cycle based games, from Excitebike to the countless off-road games on the original playstation, however, there was something lacking. I am a huge SIM based racing fan, and after watching the real MotoGP, i went out and rented motogp 07. It blew my mind, as it combined the amazing speed of the actual motoGP circuits with the sim based style that I missed in prior bike racing games. Every since then, I have been hooked on all things MotoGP, watching them every weekend and picked up 07 used. I even got my son watching it now, and he has begun to collect some diecast of Nickey Hayden bikes.

Last edited by forensicd; 10-27-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #10
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Racing Destruction set for the Commodore 64 (it had bikes). Amazing track editor that let you control gravity! Spent hours with my friends trying to build the wildest tracks with Moon GRAVITY!!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32
My favorite motorbike videogame of all-time is Excite Bike. I used to play that game all the time on the NES as a kid. I remember receiving it for Christmas from my Aunt on the same day I first got Nintendo. It just brings back so many memories I had as a kid playing with Excite Bike with basically my whole family. Excite Bike was the first game that got me excited about videogames, and for this reason I chose it as the best motorbike game of all-time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Road Rash on the Sega Genesis was my first really awesome experience with bikes in a video games. Then I played Road Rash 2 and was blown away at the improvements. it felt like the other racers had personalities. It was an amazing game.

I remember the first bike upgrade I could afford was the Panda 5000. It had increased acceleration and better top end speed, but it was very "squirrelly" in the turns, didn't handle nearly as well as your default bike.

Then I eventually got Road Rash 3D when I got a PS1. It still had the trademark fighting, the over the top opponent personalities, the rivals, and the sense of speed, but something was lost in the translation to me. It was still a lot of fun, but didn't seem to impact me as much as Road Rash 2.

I would absolutely love to see a next gen Road Rash.

That said, I have played the MotoGP series before as well. Played MotoGP 07 as a rental, and MotoGP 3 on PS2 before that. They are fun games, but do require a good amount of skill and strategy - which I like. The dual brakes system, as someone mentioned earlier, is the toughest part to get accustomed to after racing four wheel automobiles for years on consoles and PC. The 07 game was gorgeous and I'm sure 08 is even better in that regard. The MotoGP games are a very good, solid sim racing series in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
Rookie

Dante_X's Arena

OVR: 5
my favorite one was Moto Racer. I had a blast playing this game back in the days. It has impressive graphics for the time (1997/1998 I believe) and with a 3dfx card it was awesome. The tracks were limited but the fun wasn't. The funniest thing is that I got that game at my local Staples for like $4 because of a scanning error or something like that.

Moto Racer 2 was good though, but not as the first one.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

My favorite motorbike game of all time is GP500. This was/is a PC game based on
500cc two stroke Grand Prix racing. Over the course of years it has gathered a very large community that developes "Mods" that keep it fresh even when the original developers stopped supporting it. These include new skins for the bikes and riders, from MotoGP 990's to MotoGP 800's, World Superbike, World Supersport. They also developed new physics and sound to resemble the different racing series as well as skins for streetbikes. Best of all is they are all made available for free!

- Shawnj
Old 10-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

excitebike (nes). that is all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19