Home

Competition: Win MotoGP 08

This is a discussion on Competition: Win MotoGP 08 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #17
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I loved the original Moto GP on Xbox. It came out right about the same time as Xbox LIVE and was the first solid online experience I had on my Xbox. Moto GP did not have the annoying time penalties for touching the out of bounds area around the track and it didn't really matter because in the early days of LIVE there was a level of respect while everyone was getting use to the service that is difficult to come by in large random groups of online players today. The loss of speed was enough to discourage most forms f cheating and kept the game closer to reality than those that followed it.

The level of detail in the tracks, bikes, riders, and gear was amazing for its day. I remember the feeling of going through tight hairpins turns and wondering if I tried to excellerate just a split second sooner if my back tire would begin to loose grip and spin the bike out from under my rider. Before then that was never a worry. The games that came before the original MotoGP on Xbox never quiet got the physics right. Moto GP was a graphical and gameplay powerhouse that still has a place in my collection and in my opinion has yet to be equaled. It helped launch Xbox Live and ushered in a new era of moto racing simulations. A true classic.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #18
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Competition: Win MotoGP 08

Before they had the XBOX360 Microsoft published PC games and possibly the best moto game ever created - Motocross Madness 2. Maybe it is just built up in my memories or maybe it was from a time when I, and gamers were less cynical, but I don't recall ever having as much fun with bikes since. It is also the first motocross game I remember racing with a friend online - zipping across what then seemed like a massive open world, hitting big air and doing your best super man before bailing into a cactus. Many motorcycle games have come and gone since, even a few from Rainbow Studios, but nothing for me has captured the fresh taste of oil and grit like Motocross Madness 2...although the birth of Live with MotoGP bundled came close to same that magical feeling.

Last edited by lnin0; 10-28-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #19
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Motocross Madness 2 was a motocross lovers dream on PC. There was a track editor and the MM2 community was right up there with the MVP Mods community with all of the upgrades and tracks that people spend COUNTLESS hours on.

I can remember staying up until 2am on a work night just to race with some of those guys, only to finish in last place just about every time.

In all honesty, I don't think the game as been matched since its release in terms of pure excitement and game play.
I know MX Unleashed is based off of MM2 but its basically the same idea.

Last edited by Garrett67; 10-28-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #20
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Before they had the XBOX360 Microsoft published PC games and possibly the best moto game ever created - Motocross Madness 2. Maybe it is just built up in my memories or maybe it was from a time when I, and gamers were less cynical, but I don't recall ever having as much fun with bikes since. It is also the first motocross game I remember racing with a friend online - zipping across what then seemed like a massive open world, hitting big air and doing your best super man before bailing into a cactus. Many motorcycle games have come and gone since, even a few from Rainbow Studios, but nothing for me has captured the fresh taste of oil and grit like Motocross Madness 2...although the birth of Live with MotoGP bundled came close to same that magical feeling.
Crap, didn't even see this post.

I still have the game actually, its buried somewhere.

Good call.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #21
Host

bronco92's Arena

OVR: 44
Comp closed... the winners are... http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=276670

Last edited by bronco92; 10-28-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »