Home

NBA Live 09 Video - Czarisode 5: Rewind That DNA

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Video - Czarisode 5: Rewind That DNA within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 09 Video - Czarisode 5: Rewind That DNA

Czar brings you Czarisode 5: Rewind That DNA. Where he looks into the highly touted DNA and Rewind features of NBA Live 09 and lets you know how he feels about it.
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 09 Video - Czarisode 5: Rewind That DNA

Great job as usual Czar.

DNA has unlimited potential.

However, Beluba and co. REALLY have their work cut out for them animation wise.

The players still move and react like robots and does not give you the impression of watching actual players interacting at all.

This franchise needs an overhaul in the animation department BigTime. I can see DNA being an incredible feature in the future but until they get the players to move and react like humans this game will continue to come up short IMO.

Hopefully, they can add a boat load of new animations and signature styles for next year with Mike having a full Dev. cycle to work with.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Jesus man is every thread going to turn into a wishlist thread?

Good Lord

Great video Czar and I totally agree that the DNA thing is real. I think something like this is the future of games such as this (basketball) to give us an authentic NBA experience.

You can't tell me you see that kind of variety anywhere else the way it was just broken down. The best part about it all is you notice players being more aggressive but not so out of the ordinary that its just a jumbled unrealistic mess.

Nice eye and good work Czar. It is pretty amazing whats finally happening with the AI
Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Jesus man is every thread going to turn into a wishlist thread?

Good Lord

Great video Czar and I totally agree that the DNA thing is real. I think something like this is the future of games such as this (basketball) to give us an authentic NBA experience.

You can't tell me you see that kind of variety anywhere else the way it was just broken down. The best part about it all is you notice players being more aggressive but not so out of the ordinary that its just a jumbled unrealistic mess.

Nice eye and good work Czar. It is pretty amazing whats finally happening with the AI

I agree lol It's like in every thread there HAS to be something negative mentioned about the game. Here how it goes...."Yeah yeah the DNA is a nice feature BUT......yadda yadda yadda" lol. It's amazing sometimes. Like I said before and will continue to say, job well done this year EA. I'm having a blast with the game. Continue to add on to what you have, I see nothing but potential in the future.

And by the way, nice vid Czar, keep em coming.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Crazy and ironic part about this thread is, I'm watching this Cav and Celtics game and they running the 1-4 high pick and roll for him now and guess what, he's at the 4 spot lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im watching it too bls... This game is more authentic to the real NBA as Czar stressed about 4 times in a row.

Sorry but something has to be said for this
Old 10-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 14

Thanks for that Czar! It was great!

As much as I'm loving the 09 game, you're right, they could do great things with the foundation that they set up this year, which makes me really excited for 2010.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #8
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

WOW! Is all I have to say. That was cpu v cpu correct? If so, that was unbelievable. DNA is real! EA is really on to something here. I can't wait to see how this is played out for the rest of the season.

This may be answered already but, how does DNA effect your dynasty games? I am going back in forth with both games this year. Live has gotten more burn in the PS3. 70/30.

Oh and to everyone that is saying this game is an arcade dunkfest. Watch the vid again and notice what Czar says about the Magic game. You'll hear him loud and clear. LJames had ONE dunk all game. For one of the best dunkers in the game to have ONE dunk on cpu v cpu that screams sim IMO!

Games back on can't wait to play a game tonight. I feel like it's xmas and I'm opening NBA Live 95 on Sega Genesis.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »