Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Fact Sheet Analysis

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Fact Sheet Analysis within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Basketball 09 Fact Sheet Analysis

We have just posted an analysis of the features of NCAA Basketball 09, be sure to give the article a look and let us know what you think of the game!

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Nice I am very stoked for this.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
Rookie

StackBundles's Arena

OVR: 4
2k8 is the greatest college hoops game ever created. I love college basketball enough to try this game, but I will not hesitate to go back to CH2k8.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 16
This first sentence puts a sour taste in my mouth for the rest of the article, and all this was already known. Thank goodness for copy/paste!

Good thing EA "pounced on this opportunity" or else we might have two college games competing for our money.

"With 2K Sports relinquishing the rights to create an NCAA basketball game, it’s now up to EA Sports to entertain the college basketball gamers. As usual, the guys at EA has pounced on this opportunity and has already given us details on the new direction the series is going."
Old 10-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Fact Sheet Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
This first sentence puts a sour taste in my mouth for the rest of the article, and all this was already known. Thank goodness for copy/paste!

Good thing EA "pounced on this opportunity" or else we might have two college games competing for our money.

"With 2K Sports relinquishing the rights to create an NCAA basketball game, it’s now up to EA Sports to entertain the college basketball gamers. As usual, the guys at EA has pounced on this opportunity and has already given us details on the new direction the series is going."
What's your point? 2K walked away on its own and are free to get the license again and make CH whenever they want. 2K ended the College Hoops series, not EA. So even if EA didn't pounce on the opportunity there wouldn't have been a 2K game.

Last edited by mercalnd; 10-31-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
I think this game is going to be really good!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
I am very interested in this game. It's been awhile since I've played a EA basketball game, but i'll definitely give the demo and at least a rent a shot. I like what I've heard, now let's see if it walks the walk.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Fact Sheet Analysis

I find it hard to believe 2k "walked away" from a profitable franchise. My guess is that EA had a deal in the works, and the money offered was too much to turn down. If I am mistaken then by all means let me know, but I thought EAs licensing this year was exclusive, meaning 2k can't make CH whenever they want.

And it looks like I was correct in my assumption that it is an exclusive license agreement. Here is a link to an interview with Producer Sean O'Brien.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/fe...ketball/?biz=1

I am pretty excited to try this game out, but I am not going to expect much. This is the first year for this game, new engine, I realize that problems and bugs are going to pop up. Hopefully the good outshines the bad this year and they have a great start to build a franchise on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
What's your point? 2K walked away on its own and are free to get the license again and make CH whenever they want. 2K ended the College Hoops series, not EA. So even if EA didn't pounce on the opportunity there wouldn't have been a 2K game.

Last edited by PaulZweber; 10-31-2008 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »