Home

NHL 09 Patch Released (360/PS3) -- Impressions here please

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Patch Released (360/PS3) -- Impressions here please within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: It's here! 360 patch released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Burgundy
Anyone else not really notice a difference after playing a game? I only had 2 power plays playing on 8 minute periods with Mudtiger's all star sliders. Goalies still seem to be flopping around a lot. Also I was able to throw huge hits still with guys like Toews and Kane. Almost makes me think I didn't install it properly or something.
Not in my case, as my post stated Pittsburgh had five penalties without having the penalty slider at max as it was default all star. My assumption is Mudtiger's sliders are no longer compatible due to the update. You ought to try a game with default sliders and see how that turns out. I may play with the sliders somewhat myself given the large amount of hits and the computer's sudden lack of offense.

There is one disappointment I have with this update. The visual settings for Action were not corrected. You still are forced to play as if set to "Always Up" regardless of whether or not you have altered that.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

I hope the goalies still aren't flopping. I change all of them to hybrid (if they were butterfly) and they still go down too fast. If this is the case, every goalie will probably be changed to Stand Up to try and eliminate this.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #19
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

The cpu is DEFINITELY more offensively challenged after the patch. i played on all star pre-patch and got a really good challenge. After the patch, on all-star the cpu is quite better at the puck posession game but their scoring is significantly lower.

I did try one game on SS post patch and the kamikaze cpu hitting was gone and it was easier to set up as the user and play realistic hockey.

The jury is still out on this patch. While the Penalties problem are long gone, the lack of cpu scoring on ALL STAR is a big deal. HOPEFULLY, SS level fixes all that

Another consequence of the patch is the high dumps and this causes way too many delay of game penalties on the cpu while they're on the PK. I've played now 7 games, ( 6 on all star)...and they've been called 5 times total in those 7 games on a delay of game. So basically , I've had a 5 on 3 in 5 of the 7 games I played. That is pretty bad.

They really should have kept the old dump trajectory, I didn't see any problem with it.

I hope you guys keep an eye on the delay of game penalty, could be a game crippler.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #20
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Yes, that's fixed. You can put out line 1 on offense and line 2 or 3 on defense during play stoppages.
Awesome, this alone will make single-player and online versus infinitely more fun for me. Now I just need to re-hash some sliders, although I was never really happy with anything I had before the patch...
Old 11-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
The cpu is DEFINITELY more offensively challenged after the patch. i played on all star pre-patch and got a really good challenge. After the patch, on all-star the cpu is quite better at the puck posession game but their scoring is significantly lower.

I did try one game on SS post patch and the kamikaze cpu hitting was gone and it was easier to set up as the user and play realistic hockey.

The jury is still out on this patch. While the Penalties problem are long gone, the lack of cpu scoring on ALL STAR is a big deal. HOPEFULLY, SS level fixes all that

Another consequence of the patch is the high dumps and this causes way too many delay of game penalties on the cpu while they're on the PK. I've played now 7 games, ( 6 on all star)...and they've been called 5 times total in those 7 games on a delay of game. So basically , I've had a 5 on 3 in 5 of the 7 games I played. That is pretty bad.

They really should have kept the old dump trajectory, I didn't see any problem with it.

I hope you guys keep an eye on the delay of game penalty, could be a game crippler.
i played 4 games today post patch and didnt see one delay of game penalty in the 4 games. are u on 360?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #22
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Great news, indeed. I was out of town for a few days to see Metallica in Columbus and was hoping to see this when I finally got around to checking in at OS. Can anyone confirm if the line changes were fixed (ie, separate off/def lines during stoppages)???
That's BA. I'm seeing them monday in St. Louis Go 'Tallica!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #23
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Can anyone comment about how well it plays online now. Is it more of a dump and chase game now with the improved flip dump?
Anyone comment? I am at work so I cant test it myself.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #24
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic78
i played 4 games today post patch and didnt see one delay of game penalty in the 4 games. are u on 360?
the games i played were on the ps3........i will DL the 360 patch pretty soon. Anyways, keep an eye out for that. hopefully the 360 version is unaffected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »