Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Review within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Basketball 09 Review

It seems that EA Sports got the message after OS gave last year's edition of March Madness a four out of 10 rating. The embarrassment was too much to handle and thus, EA had to change the name of the franchise from March Madness to NCAA Basketball.

In reality, with no other competition on the market, there is no reason to fear calling your game something generic like NCAA Basketball 09. But, does the name change equate to real change when it comes to the direction of the series? It seems as if the game has taken two steps forward, but it is still being weighed down by the same issues that have been plaguing EA basketball for half a decade.

NCAA Basketball is a big improvement over last year's March Madness in almost every way. This improvement makes NCAA Basketball one of the best college basketball experiences on a next-gen console. Is it the best yet? Probably not, but the game is certainly a big step in the right direction.

Read More: NCAA Basketball 09 Review

Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Review

Just finished, good read. Seems like the general consensus of this game is good, not great. Coming from EA that is pretty good, I'll be picking it up tomorrow, thanks for the review.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Ty
Just A Kid

Ty's Arena

OVR: 18
Great review! This will definitely be one of the things to decide if I get the game or not. Thank you!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

I've only played the demo but decent review and quick lol. It seems like EA is on their way back but hasn't quite gotten up to speed with their basketball games yet. Me personally im enjoying live and think this site favors 2k a bit. If this game plays better than live truthfully speaking its probably the best bball game this year. That doesn't mean its met its potential and it doesnt have its flaws.

Last edited by Walker8; 11-18-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Good review! I guess your gripes are valid. Hopefully they can patch the boost in the atmosphere like 2k did with CH2k8 they can always add things.

We were having the same discussion in the Live threads about download content adding commentary and things like that.

Overall good review and it's sad to hear about the jacking up the menu system in Dynasty mode. I loved the one in March Madness it was well thought out and designed.

I won't get my copy for another few days, but good too see you guys are on top of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Nice review. Wasn't feeling the demo...
Old 11-18-2008, 03:31 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 22
I guess EA loves that the competetion is gone, finally being just ok is enough to get sales.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Good review. Didn't seem like you guys were blown away by this one. I had a feeling with competition out of the way we'd just get an average game that is more catered toward the arcade crowd.

If it was any other year, I'd probably be forced to pick this up to get my college hoops fix. But this year there are so many good games out there that I can pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »