Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Tim Lincecum Interview

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Tim Lincecum Interview within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #17
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ESPN: Lincecum interview/new pitching info

Before I got 2K8 I thought I would hate the pitching controls and never thought I would use them. Now after learning to use them, I can't imagine going back. It was one of the best innovations in not only baseball game history but video game history. I hope they leave it in as an option. I agree the "meatball" concept needs to be removed.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #18
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Tim Lincecum Interview

I liked the fact that different pitches required different motions to execute the pitch unlike the show. But, like everyone else has said, the meatballs have to go and it was still too easy to throw strikes. I also like the feature where during a critical point in the game the directional point would shake. Sounds like they are giving up and starting over when they should offer both!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

figure out some system that gets rid of all the damn meters, i hate seeing that crap all over the screen.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #20
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask3m
figure out some system that gets rid of all the damn meters, i hate seeing that crap all over the screen.
I love the pitching in the Show as you still can be slightly off with a perfect meter hit. My only issue with it is the presence of the meter itself as it eventually becomes much to easy to time. I think with the visuals being as capable as they are now, it may be viable (at least as an option) to use a meter like The Show's system, just without the meter.

What I mean is you could time the button presses/releases as you do with the meter, but with the meter off, the visual cues in the actual windup and delivery would be you reference points. I think it would add challenge (particularly with a good variety of signature motions) and solve the problem of too many indications on screen.

You could even map something similar using the stick. It would then function much like Tiger Woods swing (as some people have been mentioning and wanting lately) and offer the analog control some want. I would think it would be easy enough to implement, as all options function essentially the same. The only difference is buttons vs Stick and meter on or off. Then the analog vs button discussion can be dropped and the actual system itself (meaning the overall tuning, ratings influence, and other influences) can be tweaked and perfected each year. Win-win-win, IMO.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Im REAL F'n stoked VC is behind this 2k9 game
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »